Jan 16th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 11 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 11 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded a very nice 5th place finish in Stage 10 , but remains 19th overall. Gordon is now over 6 hours in the overall, but will get yet another good starting spot in an attempt to win his first stage of the rally. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 11 at 9:53am/et and Robby Gordon will begin his special section around 10:03am/et.  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally.

2013 Photos

STAGE 11 TRACKING

STAGE 11: LA RIOJA > LA FIAMBALA

Connection 262km | Special Stage 219km | Total 481km

COURSE OVERVIEW

It is very rare for nothing to happen in Fiambalà! And in 2012 rain ensured that this lethal white sand remained firm, allowing the vehicles of the Dakar to pass through this prime spot for getting blocked and for engines to overheat, without recoiling or stalling. These dunes with their very welcoming contours typically have a very unpleasant surprise in store for competitors. Everything is possible in Fiambalá, including in the new strings of dunes featured on the route. The third part of the rally will boast sand once again, and each person will have to adapt his driving and his general approach to the terrain: those who are less attentive will also risk making serious navigational mistakes which will cost them dearly.

Views: 9093

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RG interviewed on Eurosport

"For us, it was a good special. It could have been a better special for us. Obviously, they canceled it. We had caught Roma, Terranova, and De Villiers. We passed all them."

Looks like we are in a time warp and it is standing still

With seven cars through to WP6, it would seem reasonable to do what they did before : Give all the cars that didn't make it to WP6 the same time as the last car that did. Seventeen cars made it through to WP3 so they could back the times up to that point as well. Hopefully this time it won't take them until tomorrow for them to figure it out. I'm not placing any bets on us hearing the news on Dakar.com anytime soon though.

so when and where can we find offical finishing order and how far we back in overall now

Oh, he won the stage...El Presidenti Tog of the Planet has officially delcared him the winner and I will be dammed if I hear anything else...

Robby was leading when the stage was over so he won...

POWER To The PLANET

Had to post.... turns out Robby was trying to nap too! LOL! Guess the driver's seat isn't comfy enough. (Prior to Stage 6)

haha..Nice find, ZOOMSSS

Wonder why there is a band-aid on Kellon's forehead? Helmet rub?

I think the band-aids are from his knees. He's trying to kiss his ass goodbye from the jumps Robbie's doing! Keep pushing!! I love watching but you'd have to chain ME to the navigators seat! Sorry, I have family!!!

Although the 11th special was again affected by the weather, American Kurt Caselli obtained a 2nd stage victory on the Dakar, whilst general standings leader Cyril Despres further increased his lead. In the car race, the special was stopped after only 53 km, following flash flooding that prevented the competitors from crossing a river on the route of the stage. This was a Godsend for Robby Gordon who picks up his 1st win on the Dakar 2013 as a result, whilst in the truck race De Rooy should be granted the victory. The situation has not led to any changes in the general standings, with Peterhansel and Nikolaev still leading their respective categories.

TOG - you were spot on today! Congrats to RG and the rest of the team

In the car category, the weather again threw a spanner in the works on the 11th stage. The simultaneous flash flooding in two rivers at the 69 km and 85 km points on the day's route forced the race directors, for safety reasons, to halt the race at CP1, after 84 km. Subject to the race officials' decision, Robby Gordon, who was in front at this point, with a lead of 38'' over Ronan Chabot and 1'47” over Lucio Alvarez, should be awarded the stage victory, making it his 8th on the Dakar. In 6th at CP1, 39'' behind his main rival Giniel de Villiers, Stéphane Peterhansel still retains command of the general standings with a lead of 51'59” over the South African.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service