Jan 14th, 2016 Dakar Rally Stage 11 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 11 of the 2016 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon start time: 7:58am/et, Sheldon Creed will not start, due to disqualification in stage 8.

STAGE 11 TRACKING

STAGE 11: LA RIOJA > SAN JUAN

Connection 281km | Special Stage 431km | Total 712km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The level of difficulty remains the same, but variety will favour the most flexible of drivers and teams. Sand in all its forms will feature, particularly fesh-fesh, the most volatile and heavy kind, which demands both dexterity and patience. But speed will also be an advantage in other, straighter sections, featuring gravel and pebbles. Opportunities will be few and far between, but there is still time to shake up the standings, since the terrain will be favourable to creating significant gaps.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 19812

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good point, not sure what kind of RPM's they would be set up to make power at altitude? Definitely don't need 8,000rpm! Seems like when i look at past years videos, he appears to be pushing it harder, maybe just getting smoother. Sill seems that making more power would be lower in priority at this point in the program. But its all guessulation for me, hopefully we'll hear more about it from you guys in the know.

the answer is ,turbo diesel+mid engine+irs

NO Turbo 400?

how about a 5.7 liter LS6 with the 39mm restrictor.

got one of those all I can do to hang with ls3 auto vet

8.9l LS12

Does it have a 39mm restrictor when you 'ran' against a Lexus 5.0l with a 37mm restrictor ? I'm guessing not so much

If a stale croissant could talk it would sound like the woman that narrates the Dakar stage recaps.

Agreed.

if we are talking about the same lady you are saying you like stale twists?

I dig her voice....

@Michael, are you say'n you like your scolding screeching school teaching from your youth?

I could tell coffee nosers

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service