Jan 14th, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 13 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 13 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 1st in stage 12. Cars begin stage 13 at 9:10am/et Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 13 TRACKING

STAGE 13: Nasca > Pisco

Connection 100km | Special Stage 275km | Total 375km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The dunes are majestic in this part of the country. They will ensure suspense to the very end about who will be the winners and how they will be placed on podium. At the same time, the drivers who are less in a hurry must take nothing for granted even if they are beginning to think about the relief of reaching the finish. They will also have to negotiate a significant number of strings of dunes, avoid confusing valleys which appear to be similar but are in fact different, and fight off the inevitable fatigue after the thousands of kilometres covered. Here every one of the competitors will remember what extreme endurance means here.

STAGE BY STAGE RESULTS

Views: 7629

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL

And they're off!

Hoping that the Toyota struggles today so Robby and Johny can lock up third position overall

Go RGM!! Kick theirs ...so they can kiss yours!

we all follow and enjoy robbys race... BUT the bikes are upstaging the show. 41 hours of high speed navigation and racing ..... down to 39 seconds ... amazing...i've raced bikes for 30 years and 39 seconds in a 100 mile enduro is almost nothing... again....amazing

Guessing that the Minis will run very conservative today

Any updates?

they havent reached the first waypoint yet.

I still have a shit eating grin on my face from Robby's post race interview on yesterday's stage, that was freaking sick!!!
Same here, I find myself just chuckling randomly
I'm showing RG at WP1 with a time of 000:39:21

+5:18 on DeVilliers

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service