Jan 13th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 8 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 8 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon had a broken studs in stage 7, and had to limp home to a disappointing 56th place finish. Gordon is now 24th overall. The rally now enters Chile, and Robby Gordon will begin stage 8 at 10:45am/et.

2014 Stage 7 Photos

STAGE 8 TRACKING

STAGE 8: SALTA > CALAMA

Connection 510km | Special Stage 302km | Total 812km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Today the competitors will cross the Andes Cordillera, to begin the Chilean part of the rally. A special transition stage has been marked out there for the last day that cars will progress without overtaking motorcycles and quad bikes. The timed section of the day will be accessible to skilled drivers who are at ease on fast tracks in a closed environment. Drivers are advised to pay attention to their position from the outset to limit the number of overtaking manoeuvres, even though the strict standards regarding the use of the Sentinel system will be carefully monitored at the end of the day.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 28424

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Showing as 72nd though.

@Speed, I'm with you. The tracking didn't have Robby starting the stage and then mysteriously changing the 58th starter to Robby. Going to have be a wait and see but hope for the best.

BJ is 19th at the 4th wp.

Taking a loooooong time to make it to 5.

RG down to 74th now.

already lost interest, the better I see the golden ball 2013 without robby gordon dakar is how the track without cars, but we have to collect all the problems HST and return to the year with all the enthusiasm in the world

just throwing an guess out there, what is Robby rolled thru the start on time,than pulled over to fix something? let's see how CP2 times in.

Man from Quitar is in the ASS, Sainz 2nd.

BJ up to 16th at WP5, 14:21 back

I just used some orange electrical tape on a video camera repair, did it bring any luck?

approaching time the fastest cars came through wp2, hopefully soon

Robby Gordon passes the WP2. The U.S. loses 1:05 '20'' in a section that Nasser made ​​in 46'25''

Lets get done stage by stage, yesterday's issue I think should'n happened, the guys in the HST should have plenity of fun by now and don't get stressed by the gap on the time they have.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service