Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 12, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 9th stage

Stage 9 - Monday, January 12

La Serena > Copiapo
Connection: 88 km | Special: 449 km | Connection: 0 km | Total: 537 km
We are at the first step of a decisive trilogy. The reputation of the Atacama Desert, known as the world’s driest, will be tested by the competitors. Those who hope to find dunes will be rewarded. But they will also be fed a generous helping of rocks. This stage is typical of the Dakar 2009, with numerous changes of terrain. The positioning of difficulties, with long stretches of dunes at the end, will require pilots to conserve their strength. They must show themselves to be both multi-talented and with a firm sense of how to manage their efforts.

Views: 157

Replies to This Discussion

There's a video of him torturing the streets by the shop that's just awesome.
Yea, Arizona DMV will title anything with wheels. Most grey market imports (Skylines, old Evos, JDM cars) end up being titled through Arizona or Florida.

I do believe Robby has a hook up, as he stated the winner of the Barrett Jackson car could have the car titled as a street vehicle.
Roma still not in?
Nevermind. There he is, 24 minutes back. So RG closed about 22 minutes on Roma. He could pass him in the overall with a couple more good runs.
Great day gas on bye
Roma in 24.41 back
Vigouroux thru Km 334, 18th
After his day yesterday, I'm waiting to see a pic of the Hummer, it has to look like a rolling junkyard by now. Glad he's hanging tough though!!!
Good day... thanks for keeping me updated while on the train guys! Too icy for the bike... Let's hope for more of the same tomorrow!
Good prediction Meredith. It's a loooong race and we're looking good!
Hes got a good shot to actualy catch and pass 4th. .that leaves one of the other three to have an issue to get a podium finish. Not wishing ill will, but would like to see two Americans on the Podium. that would be big news in Europe. Robby is very popular with the Europeans
I am afraid that to many WRC type sections/stages are left and as we know that is NOT what the hummer is best at.... My prediction is 4th-6th.... I Do not hope this but this is what I think will be the outcome...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service