Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 12, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 9th stage

Stage 9 - Monday, January 12

La Serena > Copiapo
Connection: 88 km | Special: 449 km | Connection: 0 km | Total: 537 km
We are at the first step of a decisive trilogy. The reputation of the Atacama Desert, known as the world’s driest, will be tested by the competitors. Those who hope to find dunes will be rewarded. But they will also be fed a generous helping of rocks. This stage is typical of the Dakar 2009, with numerous changes of terrain. The positioning of difficulties, with long stretches of dunes at the end, will require pilots to conserve their strength. They must show themselves to be both multi-talented and with a firm sense of how to manage their efforts.

Views: 157

Replies to This Discussion

not seeing that
WHERE DID YOU SEE GIL DEGENITALS INTERVIEW?
Genital's interview was on todays Dakar.com site-audio interview section
The video on dakar.com says the determined Robby Gordon,I like it.
the last 40K have been scratched from the special
07:10

Route modification
Due to very soft sand at the end of the day’s stage, caused by the heat, making it very unstable, and the risk of it becoming nothing more than a giant trap for competitors already tired by a stage which today promises to be very long, the organizers have decided to shorten this 9th special stage by 20km. The finishing line is now at the 430-km mark.
Bummer...

07:15 - Bike

26 - It’s all over for Street
Having won his first special stage on a Dakar during the 5th stage, American amateur Jonah Street (KTM) has decided, as a precautionary measure, to not take starter’s orders for the 9th stage this morning, due to a very painful injury to one of his wrists.
Morning, Jack! Are we the only ones up so far? :D
Poor Jonah - I broke my wrist 2 years ago & it still makes me cringe just thinking about it.
I would say yes.. we are the only ones.. for now.. I"ve been up and on here for a while...
I haven't even been to bed yet - what's your excuse?
woke up early.. @ 3:30. dog had to go outside.. I just decided to stay up at that point.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service