Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 12, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 9th stage

Stage 9 - Monday, January 12

La Serena > Copiapo
Connection: 88 km | Special: 449 km | Connection: 0 km | Total: 537 km
We are at the first step of a decisive trilogy. The reputation of the Atacama Desert, known as the world’s driest, will be tested by the competitors. Those who hope to find dunes will be rewarded. But they will also be fed a generous helping of rocks. This stage is typical of the Dakar 2009, with numerous changes of terrain. The positioning of difficulties, with long stretches of dunes at the end, will require pilots to conserve their strength. They must show themselves to be both multi-talented and with a firm sense of how to manage their efforts.

Views: 160

Replies to This Discussion

5'43 back...terrain was just like yesterday..I think they are hitting some sand...we'll see if he can get back around Pay a Tollefsen to the Troll, Holowtits and Checherit and Chong and deppingshits for good measures.....
this is the fast part.. we all know that those turbo diesels are beating him on the fast runs.. I think he will make up a bunch of time when they start hitting the good rough stuff today.
looked like first part of todays tage was a track like yesterday now its go time and by the way good morning eeveryone
Cant belive he got outrun that much. Betting a Flat or other stopped issue
But seriously...really the way the Rally has been going.....if he would have had a flat it would have been 14+ minutes in my estimation...5 minutes is status quo
Robby said today would be his toughest stage of the remaining stages, so don't expect too much.
Its more about being wide open than any particular surface type. The tighter the track, the more it plays into the shorter VWs, Mitshubishi and their drivers racing experience.
cars are rollin in now
Morning everyone.
what happened with the American (Streets is it?)..anybody know?
Go back a couple pages. He didn't take the start today due to injury.
Hello, everyone!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service