Jan 12th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 7 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 7 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded a disappointing 21st place finish in stage 6, and is now 21st overall. Robby Gordon will begin stage 7 at 7:58am/et

2014 Rest Day Photos

STAGE 7 TRACKING

STAGE 7: SALTA > SALTA

Connection 230km | Special Stage 533km | Total 763km

COURSE OVERVIEW

This mega loop with a 500-km long special stage on the agenda will test the teams’ ability to adapt to changes of pace. After stony terrains at the beginning of the day, some top speeds will be recorded in the second part of the stage, and then the drivers’ road techniques will be tested, and all of this at an average altitude of almost 3,500m. To end this highly emotional day, they will have to cross a vast salt flat extending over twenty or so kilometres: a straight stretch which will make the competitors’ heads spin.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 35761

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Post stage 7 team recap video will give insight on the challenges of today's stage. Hopefully we will have that before stage 8 begins.

Yep, it will be interesting to know what happened, particularly after all the mods that were made. Hopefully the delay was not because of them.

Thanks for all your hard work

Just went outside to find my car almost in the road. Slid down the driveway.

I had the happen once..... lucky mine did not hit the other car parked at the bottom of the hill... hope yours is ok

All good, saved by a snowbank and a bare patch in the nice wet smooth ice. Another 5 feet and it would have been in the road.

I hate that when it happens.

I trimmed the palm trees, and sprayed down the sidewalk. Got my flip-flops full of crud though, so I feel your pain.

just one stage win ..... it's not over till it's over .. right !?

Radiator location:
I like that they went for it yesterday and moved the radiator. In one day they have answered the question of whether or not the rear radiator location is the problem. I still like the rear location for protection reasons, but if you can't get the airflow you need in the rear location, then the front it is.

The larger inlet scoops are intended to increase air flow. I still don't understand how they are directing/assisting the exhaust side, but I'm sure Robby and team have considered this.

Overheating:
It's possible the engine is damaged from the earlier overheating. If a combustion chamber is leaking at any one of the three locations, this can contribute to overheating. It's time for a leak down, and possibly swapping the heads, pistons and rings. Can this be done in one night? This is a lot of work!

Good point, once you overheat it easy to do it again. I know, had one of those 4.6 Northstar engines.

true of many/most engines. collapse's the rings,develops bad leak down,oil consumption issues.ect

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service