Jan 12th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 8 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 8 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded his 3rd straight 3rd place finish in Stage 7, but remains 23rd overall. Gordon is still down over 5 hours in the overall, but will get yet another good starting spot in an attempt to win his first stage of the rally. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 8 at 12:05pm/et and Robby Gordon will begin his special section around 12:11pm/etam/et.  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally. UPDATE: Stage 8 will now begin at KM288.

2013 Photos

STAGE 8 TRACKING

STAGE 8: SALTA > SAN MIGUEL DE TUCAMAN

Connection 379km | Special Stage 470km | Total 849km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The Tucuman route will be divided into two timed sections with a variety of scenery. With hoodoos, canyons and cacti, the competitors will discover the red and green backdrop of Argentina’s most beautiful natural landscape, which will unfold for more than 150 km creating a Western atmosphere. During the second half of the timed section, which will take place in a region completely unknown to the Dakar, the contrast will be apparent on the sandy and sometimes tricky tracks. It may also be manifested through the weather conditions, if the wind is combined with the high temperatures which ravage the region. The rest day will rarely have been more deserved, in particular for the motorcyclists who will finish their marathon stage..

Get your 2013 Dakar Stickers HERE

Views: 17290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

or Nascar!

If peter or nasser win there should be an * in the win column at the end.

You said it not me lol
( although I was thinking it lol )

total bull , so the guys that came in after the pecker get screwed?

@Kathy, what's total Red Bull Shit, is 5th thru 9th finished and everyoone that didn't finish is giving the time of 4th place Peterhansel.Complete gift,better than ObamaPhones.

So, we have a picture of Nasser stuck in a rut. It's pretty clear he is stuck because the doors are open. If he was bouncing through the rut, I'd assume the doors would be closed. But he and co-dog are not out of the car, so he is not stuck to the point of waiting for a tow, or stuck and digging.

Now, do we know if this is the moment when Nasser called in and reported the dangerous water crossing, or is this picture of being in the rut a different event, but close enough to his reporting of the dangerous water level that we are merging the two events?

IF being stuck in the rut IS the moment where Nasser reported high water, it's pretty clear Nasser bullshitted his way through the stage. These experienced Rally racers now when and how to cry for help and actually get something overturned in their favor.

I want to hear more about Nasser being stuck in the rut (see picture above). How did he get out? How much time did it cost him?

Sainz showed experience the day the way point sensor was not working. While a lot of drivers drove back and forth trying to get the thing to register, Sainz headed on. I think he knew he could complain later. Where others did not know how to play this way. At least this is how I understand it.

How far behind were Nasser and Peterhansel? I'm thinking they were off by only minutes. This is a great story. I wonder if we will ever get the truth.

Peter finished behind robby Nasser wasn't show at WP9 at the time robby and peter finished there interviews.
I think it took RG 45 mins to go from 8- finish.

Thanks for posting the video update for this stage. IMO it appears that Nasser was going to get some help from one of the mini's. In the video is that Nasser trying to stop the Mini? Well anyway yes I see water and yes there is a car in the water. Nasser did in fact dodge a bullet in a big way. Nasser may not be as lucky next time. The Hummer doing it's job, workhorse is moving right along. Support team is doing a great job.

Probably 40+ cars passed Nasser's stuck Buggly.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service