Jan 12th, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 11 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 11 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon finished 4th in stage 10 & is now down over 19 minutes in the overall standings. Cars begin stage 11 at 7:44am/et (9:44am local). Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 11 TRACKING

STAGE 11: Arica > Arequipa

Connection 120km | Special Stage 478km | Total 598km

COURSE OVERVIEW

For the Dakar's first day in their country, Peruvians will be entitled to two special stages and additional kilometres for the motorcyclists. After a day spent switching between off-piste sections and areas interspersed with rivers, they will benefit from a moment of camaraderie?: a specific bivouac will be set up for them before they continue exploring Peru. The concept, which had not been tried out again since the camp of Foum Zguid in Morocco during the 2007 Dakar, will also create a major obstacle which will affect the management of the race. The assistance vehicles will not be authorized in the maintenance area, where only the motorcyclists and quad riders will be able to help each other.

STAGE BY STAGE RESULTS

Views: 16171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Mike any possibility of video?? I'm not sure where to look for it.

Now that the stage is over and we saw Robby leading the way early on only to be stricken down by compromised lubrication due to a failed.........I'm not going to do that shit. Instead I'm going to relieve my ...my....anger I guess by blasting off a totally vulgar attack on the inconsistencies and apprehension to wit along with our mechanical issues we are forced to deal with from the governing body of this event. I know you guys are peeved and all and to show respect for this site and the great job everyone does on it and certainly Robby as well to say the least I'll do it on another board somewhere disassociated from the fine members whiners, haters, lovers and even keeled thinkers of this site.
GAS ON

Has anyone noticed how Robby's Wikipedia page is pretty anti-Robby? The tone and the news about the disqual was up there immediately and written as if it was all settled and he was guilty of cheating.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service