Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 11, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 8th stage.Robby Gordon is 5th overall, only 1 hour back.

Stage 8 - Sunday, January 11

Valparaiso > La Serena

Connection: 245 km | Special: 294 km | Connection: 113 km | Total: 652 km
After a day of rest on the shores of the Pacific Ocean, an easier restart has been programmed. On mid-range mountain roads, driving hotshots should be able to really strut their stuff. The experts in car positioning, trajectory and sudden braking will show how it’s done. But for the rally leaders, there is certainly more to be lost than won during this stage.

Views: 234

Replies to This Discussion

23:40
Have been catching up, reading a lot of the tread. Some have suggested that Robby should go for 4x4. If this is the kind of terrain that future Dakar is going to take place, I can’t imagine Robby being competitive without the 4x4 and stiffer suspension. His machine is built to go fast in a straight line over really rough terrain. South America seems to lack that. I see some terrain early next week that looks good for the hummer as they will be racing thru the driest desert in the world. But if the desert does not have big whoops, VW is running similar top end speed and Robby is going to have to drive his heart out for a stage win.

Robby never gives up. If he has the resources he will re-engineer the hummer or maybe a Toyota Land cruiser.
One thing about it, Robby is not a quitter...nor is Andy. Stubbornness has it's positive aspects at times!
an extra 80 million in funding wouild help too like the VW's have
Its funny, people really thought that the CER and South America would play into the Hummers hands over the VW and Mitshi, compared to the open dunes. But its proven to be the opposite I think. I think four years of development and the Hummer would be the car to beat in the open sandy areas and I think the point to point times in those areas on this years course back that up.

But if GM tried to develop a T1 style car, they're how many years behind VW, BMW and Mitsubishi at this game? It would be a huge uphill battle. I think trying something different was a good idea.

It looks like a stage win may be a long shot this year.
Yes, He is accross the finish line in 7th so far should be good for tomorrow.
Robby thru 7th 23m 40s back
made it for another day....23min back
Nice 23'40" back the Hummers in one peice I guess.
Lets go with a 4-runner instead of a land Crusher, sorry I mean Land Cruiser
There he is...7th at 23'40.
Correction ~ 8th

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service