Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 11, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 8th stage.Robby Gordon is 5th overall, only 1 hour back.

Stage 8 - Sunday, January 11

Valparaiso > La Serena

Connection: 245 km | Special: 294 km | Connection: 113 km | Total: 652 km
After a day of rest on the shores of the Pacific Ocean, an easier restart has been programmed. On mid-range mountain roads, driving hotshots should be able to really strut their stuff. The experts in car positioning, trajectory and sudden braking will show how it’s done. But for the rally leaders, there is certainly more to be lost than won during this stage.

Views: 234

Replies to This Discussion

Normal. Staggered starts and you can not know the final order until all (or at least most) cross the line. Robby started 3rd so he may cross early and then hopefully not fall back a few.
Ok, but I must be missing a key brain cell or something - how did Depping go from 12th to 1st to ???
he started like 11th today...
we are through lost 4min
When are we going to gain on Sainz? We are moving up the chart but losing ground on the leaders. I hate to hope for attrition but ...
Crumble coming...
Yea, lose your power steering and flip and lose your windshield followed by a win the next day.
we are eating rabbit dust
Street lost tons of time between 147 and 180
prett muc what I expected on a short, flat, fast track...this is rally VW territory...we need more stages 5,6,7 types to put ahurting on those cars..
if they had not shortened the last 2 stages...very well one or 2 of the cars ahead of us might not be in this thing right now...
possibly....something could of happened to the hummer also

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service