Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 11, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 8th stage.Robby Gordon is 5th overall, only 1 hour back.

Stage 8 - Sunday, January 11

Valparaiso > La Serena

Connection: 245 km | Special: 294 km | Connection: 113 km | Total: 652 km
After a day of rest on the shores of the Pacific Ocean, an easier restart has been programmed. On mid-range mountain roads, driving hotshots should be able to really strut their stuff. The experts in car positioning, trajectory and sudden braking will show how it’s done. But for the rally leaders, there is certainly more to be lost than won during this stage.

Views: 240

Replies to This Discussion

Robby lost 10 but Tollefsun lost 7 min right behind him.
Miller, Roma 3 sec apart...would have liked to see that one.
Not much to see Roma crossed 4min. later then Miller.
294km, and Roma and Miller are 3 seconds apart on time. And no fake yellow flags to bunch things up and give the false impression of close racing, ala IRL IndyCar and NASCAR.
Takes a little time for the circle track guys to used to it. Brings in a whole new meaning of racing the track and not the other drivers.
But when the sun goes down, this one corner that they go through 200 times, is gonna change!
So I take it you are a Nascar fan. What's your background? You seem to know this rally stuff.
I am a NASCAR fan! No shame in my game!

Actually was an OW fan, with NASCAR secondary. But since openwheel "formula" style racing in the US has become an absolute joke....

I actually just like racing. Motorsports Period. Which is why RG is the man. Being a motorsports fan and spend 20+ years of your life between Southern Nevada and Southern California you're going to get some exposure to off road racing!
Me too expect for the Southern california stuff. I wish Speed TV would show more speed then so-called game shows and auctions. I rather watched a delayed legends race or late model dirt. What about the Super-V8 series down under. They should be running now.
I am so sick of SpeedTV. Its just become a joke of showing crap like Pinks and shows with bimbos shaking their goodies. Which is fine, but its not what SpeedTV should be showing.
I am anxious to hear Robby's recounting of the day's activities:)
still sitting in 5th overall still a very good rally for RGM so far, a couple of stage wins would be really nice

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service