Join us for the Dakar Rally on Jan 11, 2009 , right here and chat about the action during the 8th stage.Robby Gordon is 5th overall, only 1 hour back.

Stage 8 - Sunday, January 11

Valparaiso > La Serena

Connection: 245 km | Special: 294 km | Connection: 113 km | Total: 652 km
After a day of rest on the shores of the Pacific Ocean, an easier restart has been programmed. On mid-range mountain roads, driving hotshots should be able to really strut their stuff. The experts in car positioning, trajectory and sudden braking will show how it’s done. But for the rally leaders, there is certainly more to be lost than won during this stage.

Views: 240

Replies to This Discussion

thats all i am seeing at this point also
Here's a thought! With all the technology out there today, why couldnt Rg and the team do things with the chassis, like changing ride heights and such, just like when we go to different tracks. I mean, we change stuff all the time depending on where and what we are doing. I wonder if they are doing the same...Bueller?
I hope the hummers not in to bad of shap.
Me too. He's lost a lot of time.
what happened.... havent read anything about major problem
Sainz put on a clinic today
and two days ago..and 4 days ago..ect......I agree with Grey...Sainz is the guy to beat and I think only Sainz can beat Sainz...
He's only had one bad stage at this point. And that was where his power steering failed him. Did you see the pics of his car at the end of that stage? It looked like something that should have been dragged to a junkyard and he was still within ten minutes of the stage winner.

He should have won both rallys last year. Did win the CER, ended up second in the PAX. He was runner up in the last Dakar.....
yes I did see that car and I cant believe it was still driveable........you go through something like that and still have the lead........your getting it done...period.....
I guess so!
Well, todays course was built for a guy like Sainz. He isn't the only one in the field with a WRC style background, but he is a two time WRC champion in the field.

RG needs to get Sebastian Loeb in the second Hummer next year!
Looks like betwen 180 and 248 Robby lost about 10 minutes...wondering if he encountered trouble or what the dealeo is....

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service