Jan 11th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 7 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 7 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded his 2nd straight 3rd place finish in Stage 6, moving up to 23rd overall. Gordon is still down over 5 hours in the overall, but will get yet another good starting spot in an attempt to win his first stage of the rally. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 7 at 10:51am/et and Robby Gordon will begin his special section around 10:56am/et.  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2013 Photos

STAGE 7 TRACKING

STAGE 7: CALAMA > SALTA

Connection 534km | Special Stage 220km | Total 754km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The ascent of the Andes Cordillera will be in the small hours, taking all the drivers and teams in convoy for a liaison stage finishing at a record altitude of 4,975 metres, at the top of Argentina’s highest mountain pass. During the special stage, the needle of the altimeter will fluctuate between 3,400 m and 4,000 m, but the speedometer will rarely go below 100 km/h, despite the lack of power which will affect all the vehicles. Still on the subject of figures, at this time of the year and at the highest altitude, the thermometer will display an average temperature of 15 degrees. When all is said and done, the biggest difficulty will be for motorcyclists to maintain their stamina. They will be welcomed in a bivouac which has been relocated for the first part of their marathon stage.

Get your 2013 Dakar Stickers HERE

Views: 9779

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They can't cancel, It's my day off and I want to be here uninterrupted by that pesky work.

Bikes have started they're not cancelling

Pilots must be on oxygen at anything over 10,000 ft. This is amazing.

Robby pumping his oxygen into his motor watch out for ASO. lol

I was just out in 15* and snow myself today. Hard to imagine that rigs like these can't handle that kind of stuff. Granted, I was on skis, and the terrain was fairly level, but still...

SNOW!! big deal i dont even wanna remember how meny times i had snow on legs /boots on the old Barstow to Vegas rides/races

1974-1981

i hate snow

What's the problem with a little snow? This photo was shot from my living room window at 01:30 this morning, just as the snow was getting started. It was about 15F at the time...and it's only gonna get colder and deeper for the next week here in the high desert, In 7 months, I'll be bitching about how hot it is on the salt flats (highs around 104F)

just watched NBC"S coverage of Dakar and the first comerical was of RG and TOYO Tires
now i wonder how Nasser feels to be TOYO's number 2 racer

I'm sure in Qatar (if there is a Toyo commerical there) it features Nasser which using your logic would then make Robby the #2 Toyo racer.

I'm also pretty sure that the #1 Toyo driver (as far as the company is concerned) is likely some Japanese (the companies home country) Drift or Time-Attack driver.

Planning the rally and taking any issues with weather into consideration is a logistics sticking point. For what ever reason this area if at all is a must have all parties would be fore warned. In other words was it an option or a no-choice situation. Sure the rally is tough and pits man against elements, themselves, machine and even giant flying monkeys but........medication time medication time .........All things...that's the DAKAR

I'm in Qatar, we have Toyo tires here but no Toyo commercials.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service