Jan 11th, 2012 Dakar Rally Stage 10 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 10 of the 2012 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon was the WINNER of stage 9 & is only down 5m58s in the overall standings. Nasser Al Attiyah did not finish stage 9, so he is out of the rally. Cars begin stage 10 at 7:44am/et (9:44am local). Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2012 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

STAGE 10 TRACKING

STAGE 10: Iquique > Arica

Connection 317km | Special Stage 377km | Total 694km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The drivers will be overcome with even more intense sensations early in the morning. It is precisely at the beginning of the special stage that they will be deeply moved by a spectacular view, combining sand and waves, which continues for several kilometres. The theme will remain constant, since the most experienced experts will be able to surf on the dunes which stretch out for around a hundred kilometres. On the other hand, the difficult fesh-fesh area that will have to be tackled at the end of the special stage will bring everyone back to the tough reality of the long-distance rally.

STAGE BY STAGE RESULTS

Views: 22462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

a couple dunes means HUMMER TIME

Oh no, I'm hearing Tooltime singing "U Can't Touch This" again. Stop, Hummer time.

not again!

This stage has HUMMER written all over it.

Glad there is no tarmac neutral zone halfway through the special section.

where is nasser?

Probably at the Americana Pub in Lima.....

Loading up his shotgun, going to do a little shooting in the dunes.

i, for one will be missing nasser. he was great for the rally, great for rgm, and great for raising awarness of the dakar amongst my co-workers and friends.

yea anyone here that is glad he is out needs to find another website to browse.... Nasser was driving it but it was still Robby's Hummer..... even if he was way behind we needed him to finish all the stages.... Robby helped him in the beginning and I hope we do not need him in the end cause now he is out and cannot help us anymore

You know what? I'll miss him too. HIs driving style is obviously balls out, all the time. And it yielded some amazing results. That said, he was given some good advice about his car, but chose to not take it. That seemed to result in the alt failure the day after rest day. Who here really know what punishment he gave the car that resulted in whatever problem caused the three belts to throw. And they didn't look like they were just thrown, as others have said; they look physically damaged. Obviously, something. Obviously, something was wrong with the mounting/belt routing. The way he drove punished the car in ways I don't think I've seen RG punish it. Maybe Nasser just needs to be with a factory team, with truckloads of money to throw at his driving style to keep it in the rally.

not sure but I think Nasser's driving style showed in his ability to fix things. Fast and furious... to bad he wasn't able to help out Robby in the end. All or nothing type.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service