Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 9 of the 2010 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat will also be available throughout the entire 2010 Dakar Rally.

STAGE 9: Copiapo > La Serena

Connection 0 km | Special Stage 338 km | Connection 209 km | Total 547 km

Course Overview

The last day in the Atacama will be a good opportunity to make the best of sand and dunes: it is mainly on the first 180 kilometres that the difficulties will be gathered. The terrain being fairly open, the bikers will take off in lines of twenty. At this stage of the race, the leaders are clearly identified in each class but the podium can still change at any moment. In the same way, those who will have reached La Serena will certainly have covered the toughest part, technically speaking. A long distance will however have to still be covered with cold blood and taking it easily. For the amateurs, it is on these qualities that a Dakar can be played.

Views: 132

Replies to This Discussion

He is ahead on time, not physical track posistion.
You miss the point. 379 would have had to of run the stage in 15 or 20 mins.
Looks like Robby and BJ are,Just kickin it in Chile/Argen.
If by "kivking it" you mean they suck, then you would be correct.
Kickin as in kickin back not kicking as in kicking ass
I think they are not kicking back, probably working a lot harder than the VWs. Too much time holding a shovel instead of a steering wheel. The Hummers just dont seem to have the power to take advantage of their suspension in the dunes. ASO has to reduce the restriction on the Hummer hp. It has to be in their interest for Robby to be competitive. While Saintz, PH, DV and AL are very talented, noone in North America knows, or cares, who they are. Miller is talented, and seems like a nice guy, but having him as the "American presence" in DAKAR is really more like F1 having Eddie Cheever rather than an Andretti or Unser. DAKAR (ASO) needs Robby Gordon, and they need him to be competitive.
Have a closer look to the regulations this year:
1. Air restrictor reducing the power of the Hummers from 600 hp to less than 400 hp at sea level.
Imagine the loss in the height.
2. The tires of RG have to be in the catalog of the manufacturer, means available to everyone - the BF Goodrich tires of VW are modified especially for the Dakar.
(Stronger sidewalls comparing to last year)
The politics in the background were so destructive this year that it is nearly impossible for the RG team to go for the first places.
It is a shame - but they use their financial power to change the specs.
Example: all the cars of the organization are VW's.
I am German but I am really pissed about this situation!
Well, they've tried everything they can think of to eliminate Lance, maybe they don't like Robby either.
I still say peterhandle took the secrets he learned on cheating the WP's/checkpoints to the BMW team.
No one responded on this matter last time I mentioned it.
It is funny how for the last 2 or 3 years the VW team seems to hit all points with no issues.
Have a closer look to the regulations this year:
1. Air restrictor reducing the power of the Hummers from 600 hp to less than 400 hp at sea level.
Imagine the loss in the height.
2. The tires of RG have to be in the catalog of the manufacturer, means available to everyone - the BF Goodrich tires of VW are modified especially for the Dakar.
(Stronger sidewalls comparing to last year)
The politics in the background were so destructive this year that it is nearly impossible for the RG team to go for the first places.
It is a shame - but they use their financial power to change the specs.
Example: all the cars of the organization are VW's.
I am German but I am really pissed about this situation!
RG and Andy are thru 71km- +30'07"- showing in 19th place on time.
The VW's and BMW's are flying thru this stage. The 4 VW's are already at 135km.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service