Jan 10th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 6 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 6 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded a rally best 3rd place finish in stage 5, and  is now 19th overall. The first part of the special section of stage 6 is 186km, followed by a 134km 'neutral zone', then the last section is 104km (424km total). Robby Gordon will begin stage 6 at 8:51am/et

2014 Stage 5 Photos

STAGE 6 TRACKING

STAGE 6: TUCUMAN > SALTA

Connection 270km | Special Stage 424km | Total 694km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Once they have left Tucuman, the cars will head north and drive along part of the renowned Ruta 40, and continue on in the heart of one of Argentina’s most beautiful landscapes. The possibilities to widen the gap will be limited but the most skilled drivers may be able to seize the opportunity of adding a stage to their list of wins. A new trip to the mountains will take motorcyclists to the banks of the rivers. They will have to remain vigilant until the very end of the stage as the region is frequented to a great extent by animals of all sizes. Then they will finally be able to rest.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 21851

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are on Stage 6 and Robby was given a 1 hr penalty for stage 5 as he missed 2 waypoints....he is now 24th overall!

in such a short mileage 5 minutes is eternal

Through WP2 40:32 +5:01

Going to go out on a limb an say that the HST does better on Sand than Soil-stones

dont know why losing time. Sainz also 2WD and much faster

He is not pushing, he said that on yesterdays interview, he wants to finish the Dakar and keep on testing the Gordini

DS My Thoughts exactly, I have watched Robby since his Class 8 days, I've seen him push over the years, in the video yesterday in my opinion he was not pushing. Quick but not kill pace. Haven't seen the interview yet.

if not true, but it should improve the technology we have the minis, but if the minis are a millionaire budget to develop their cars, but hey hopefully a good race. 5 min and is so close

Stage 5 top 5 at KM60 of 424

1) Peterhansel +13s
2) AL-Attiyah +11s
3) Sainz +43s
4) Terranova +48s
5) Roma +51s
16) GORDON +5m1s

overheating problems slowing him down

not going to be a good day I think, because this losing time and go 5 Min, let Let RG RG

Mark Reeves stated it perfectly on page 3. The survival rate in this thing seems to be key this year. Major props for still being in it, and actually having competitive times, relatively speaking. It hasn't worked out in RG's favor, but then again, it hasn't been a loss either.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service