Jan 10th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 6 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 6 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded a rally best 3rd place finish in stage 5, and  is now 19th overall. The first part of the special section of stage 6 is 186km, followed by a 134km 'neutral zone', then the last section is 104km (424km total). Robby Gordon will begin stage 6 at 8:51am/et

2014 Stage 5 Photos

STAGE 6 TRACKING

STAGE 6: TUCUMAN > SALTA

Connection 270km | Special Stage 424km | Total 694km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Once they have left Tucuman, the cars will head north and drive along part of the renowned Ruta 40, and continue on in the heart of one of Argentina’s most beautiful landscapes. The possibilities to widen the gap will be limited but the most skilled drivers may be able to seize the opportunity of adding a stage to their list of wins. A new trip to the mountains will take motorcyclists to the banks of the rivers. They will have to remain vigilant until the very end of the stage as the region is frequented to a great extent by animals of all sizes. Then they will finally be able to rest.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 21851

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Indeed

They got nailed 1 hour. Pushed them down to 5th and 8th in the overall.

Thanks

Let's keep in mind today just how far there is to go in this rally. After 5 stages completed there are already 51 cars out, 82 bikes are out (nearly half the field), half of the 40 quads are gone already and 14 trucks have bitten the dust. This is going to be a test of endurance to the end. I still think if RG just keeps going then the field will come back to him and positions will be gained, and the more stages the HST gets then all the better prep for next year.

good morning all ,
that the spirit !!
winning one stage would be fantastic i say .

Good morning Dakar fans. Always good to wake up to see the tracking working.

Good morning my dear Dakar addicts! ;-)

A S O big mother fucker?

i think they plan to win fucking roma ,,mother fucker

Roma is actually the nicest guy driving a mini, humble and a good sportsman

too bad he is involved in the death of one of my hero : henri magne ..... among the best co driver if not THE best of the dakar .
i have a hard time since then to cheer this guy up .

His soul is there in very single participant car ...
The trip master "easy trip" is his creation .
Rest in peace maestro .... =)

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service