Jan 10th, 2014 Dakar Rally Stage 6 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 6 of the 2014 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon recorded a rally best 3rd place finish in stage 5, and  is now 19th overall. The first part of the special section of stage 6 is 186km, followed by a 134km 'neutral zone', then the last section is 104km (424km total). Robby Gordon will begin stage 6 at 8:51am/et

2014 Stage 5 Photos

STAGE 6 TRACKING

STAGE 6: TUCUMAN > SALTA

Connection 270km | Special Stage 424km | Total 694km

COURSE OVERVIEW

Once they have left Tucuman, the cars will head north and drive along part of the renowned Ruta 40, and continue on in the heart of one of Argentina’s most beautiful landscapes. The possibilities to widen the gap will be limited but the most skilled drivers may be able to seize the opportunity of adding a stage to their list of wins. A new trip to the mountains will take motorcyclists to the banks of the rivers. They will have to remain vigilant until the very end of the stage as the region is frequented to a great extent by animals of all sizes. Then they will finally be able to rest.

The GREEN section of the route is the connection , the RED is the Special Section of the stage.

Views: 21851

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The cars are starting to pass through WP6 (KM 320 of 424)

Any one running live feed today?

I have never liked the look of saggy butt trucks ala SST Lucas Oil etc etc. That said I like this truck better when its ass isn;t sagging

It's necessary, however with the 2 wheel drive configuration. Designing "squat" into the suspension dynamics allows transfer of mass to the rear wheels under acceleration, adding to traction. Without this design feature, 2 wheel drive with a front mounted engine would suffer a severe performance deficit.

He can't push that engine harder if he want to get this full race done.

That scoop on the hood is going to be 8ft tall by the end of the Dakar. http://www.planetrobby.com/photo/2014-dakar-rally-stage-6?context=f...

Hahah

The air induction that is there is not a great design. Top of the roof line will not build any pressure, and at slower speeds little air is going to move through it. I am sure that if they brought it to the wind tunnel they would take note of the drop off in velocity of the air even after it made it into that opening. They need some naca ducts on the side, some forced air induction from a pressure zone in the frontal face, and likely some inline fans in that roof opening. just my 2 cents.....you also need to get the air out the back

Yes without air leaving the rear aft of the coolers/rads the bigger opening in the front is not going to help...It may even cause the air to stall ?

throw them away that HST return the next year with the Hummer H3, the HST does not serve you checked the temperatures start to the year in south america its high, not really cheated us fans of Robby Gordon, and the Imbecil design engineer for that engine fire him because unfortunately not realized such a mistake,,, .... can not be god

Really? The H3's belong to Yazeed Racing now. And I'm sure the imbecile will take that as a compliment.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service