Jan 10th, 2013 Dakar Rally Stage 6 Race Info & Discussion

Join in and discuss all the action from Stage 6 of the 2013 Dakar Rally. Robby Gordon rebounded in stage 5 with a very nice 3rd place finish. Gordon is still down over 5 hours in the overall and will try to win as many of the remaining stages as he can. The rally now makes its first start in Chile. The cars are slated to begin the special section of stage 6 at 8:33am/et and Robby Gordon will begin his special section around 8:39am/et.  Raceday chat will be available throughout the entire 2013 Dakar Rally. Raceday chat now works on the Ipad & Iphone.

2013 Photos

STAGE 6 TRACKING

STAGE 6: ARICA > CALAMA

Connection 331km | Special Stage 454km | Total 785km

COURSE OVERVIEW

The first special stage held in Chile will take competitors back to the Atacama Desert: they will be faced with sand and dunes for two thirds of the distance. But two specific sections of the stage will be timed: the latter will allow them to rediscover fesh fesh, which is unlikely to enthuse them. Overall, the day will be very long, at a stage where the competitors’ bodies will start to suffer from the lack of sleep, particularly for those who have experienced some incidents. At the head of the race, a ranking which is already probable is taking shape: the real candidates for the Top 10 are apparent.

Get your 2013 Dakar Stickers HERE

Views: 10054

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Longest special section of the rally so far.

we need this long stage.
also this is the first stage that is GMT-3 or 2 hours ahead of EST!
that an early wake up call for Left coasters!

How early...lol

I'm going with TOG's start times above for EST ,so 5:33 for the PST'rs. Being third would make Robby off at 8:39.That being said, didn't they start late this morning?

the ironic thing is Argentina and Chile are only a little bit East of Peru,yet their time zone is 2 hours ahead,go figure?

Is that 5 am.pacific?

it is

damn
but i really need my beauty sleep

No BIG deal if your up before the sun comes up!

I'm in...lol

Its been 4:30 AM since Dakar started,in the west coast

tarmac between KM229 & KM326 - so no positions will change as long as speed is maintained.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service