After the 2010 Dakar, it was reported that Robby said he was going  to build a new vehicle with 4x4.  since Hummer is becoming defunct, it would seem that he knew this and had another vehicle in mind.  Does anyone know what this new vehicle is?  Is he still on for 2011?

Views: 171

Replies to This Discussion

We have not see any pics of of the back of this year's Hummer.....is there a chance that there is a surprise in store for us? Something like mid-engine configuration instead of rear engine design.....just wondering?
still the same rear design
Thanks TOG. It's hard to sit here quietly waiting for the Dakar to start
I guess it would take some substantial re-engineering to do a mid engine. The photos still show the same rear swing arm.
Also....If I recall correctly, the Hummers strruggled a little in the the snow last year and also the high altitude. Does anyone know if we have enchanced capability for these challenges this year?

Addtionally, has there been any discussion of winter driving conditions for the the route this year? What are the expected weather conditions for the high altitude moutain passes this year.

(Am I totally confused here? Am I confusing the Dakar that was run in Eruope the year before with the South American event)
@Kurt, Your memory is a little off.The rally in Europe (Central Europeon Rally) was a make-up race and the "DAKAR" in North Africa was cancelled due to terrorist activites.The orginizers moved the "DAKAR" to South America becouse of continued terrorist threats in North Africa.
If you go to the video or photos sections and search for previous years DAKAR to get cought up on South America.
10-4....I remember all that....didn't they run into a some snow in the mountain passes in South America last year?
I know they did in the CER.
Yeah that's it.....stage 11....didn't the whole rally get surprised with snow at stage 11?

Stage 11 - Santiago > San Juan Wednesday, January 13
Liaison : 211 km
Spéciale : 220 km
Liaison : 3 km
Total : 434 km
Saluting the Aconcagua
It's through the Paso Libertadores, at an altitude of 3500 metres that the competitors will leave Chile to return to Argentina where the day's special will take place. For the first fifty kilometres which will actually be the only portion of the rally competed at high altitude, the mechanics will need to work on settings to compensate with the lack of power. The competitors will race on the high hill tops of the Andes with views on the famous Aconcagua that dominates the area from the top of its 6859 metres. To reach San Juan, one will then need to find a way through the rios. In the same time the cars and trucks will have to take good care of their brakes for a long descent of close to 20 kilometres.
I rewatched the stage,very much WRCish.
http://www.planetrobby.com/video/stage-11-sbstv
I must be wrong about last year....the CER definitely had snow
I don't know if I've missed this, but the orange Speed Energy 'S' on the banner Hummer at the top of the page looks different from the original 'S'. Is that the updated 'S' or has there been one for the US market?
Yep changed to avoid lawsuit.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service