After the 2010 Dakar, it was reported that Robby said he was going  to build a new vehicle with 4x4.  since Hummer is becoming defunct, it would seem that he knew this and had another vehicle in mind.  Does anyone know what this new vehicle is?  Is he still on for 2011?

Views: 171

Replies to This Discussion

If I remember right, last years issues were Alternator (major time lost) and tire inflators (many). For BJ's truck it was the clutch and a roll over.
That's my memory also.Check out the pictures of the Baja Pre-runner with the new in/deflator system installed also check out the Hummer pictures with the Orange bead locks.
I understand the alternator issue has been addressed.
The goal, don't beat yourself, or you must first finish to finish first.
I agree, he should have switched to 4 wheel drive. Two wheel drive caused him alot of problems last year!!!
Randy, lot of things to address with 4x. More parts: to install, to ship, to maintain, to break, to fix &/or replace. Not to mention the weight dispersion issue. An extra few hundred lbs up front isn't nessecarily a good thing. Long story short, if Rob thought the advantage was worth the hassle, he'd be running 4x. He might have some idea what he's doing by now. After all, I believe he holds the most American stage victories at Dakar...so I won't question it...but if you & John see fit, "have at it boys"
I only pointed it out because Robby himself questioned it last year and said he would have 4 wheel this year!!!
He did, & like many other things Robby...it changed. Should've tho? I dunno about that. I certainly see the stages where 4x has the advantage. Rob seems to level the field tho when it comes to flat out speed, & of course in the dunes. I see his logic in the 2x as well. "The Dakar is a logistical nightmare" I wouldn't wanna add any more shipping, repairing, maintaining, etc if I didnt need to.
Being 2wd didn't lose DAKAR for Robby any year.Solvable mechanical issue's cost him better finish's.
4wd=$wd.4wd's also have to run shorter travel suspension's.Robby uses the longer suspension to great effect.
JUSt chill John,

Like all the other years...we will find out when the time is ready
Does any one know if Danica still weighs the same?
Gas I will check with Her on FB because, as you know we have had our Pic. taken together, so makes us really, really close!!! LOL
last time I picked her up she seemed to be a tad heavier - I think that's why RG is going to race Indy cars next year
Monster sponsoring Xraid & Peterhensel for 2011 Dakar

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service