After the 2010 Dakar, it was reported that Robby said he was going  to build a new vehicle with 4x4.  since Hummer is becoming defunct, it would seem that he knew this and had another vehicle in mind.  Does anyone know what this new vehicle is?  Is he still on for 2011?

Views: 171

Replies to This Discussion

do you know why this seems to be some kind of secret? I cannot find anything on RGM site about 2011 Dakar. There is no entry list yet for the event. I wish someone would post something official or send out a press release. I assume that a sponsor change is part of it?
Hi John, The best part of the of being a Robby fan is all the speculations. If he announced well in advance what his plan are, he would close out potential opportunities. Our boy is always hustling till the last minute to make things happen. You may see a trend in how he courts different manufactures, crew chiefs, sponsors etc etc as last minute opportunies to help him get where he want to go = RACING. So if Mercedes comes to Robby between now and January with a lump of money, believe me that Hummer will quickly turn into a Mercedes Gelandewagen
Well, it is strange with 2 monts to go, there is no direct news or annoucements about Dakar. I have known Robby since he was 15 and he is a maverick to say the least. I worked as crew for Paris-Dakar in 1986 and it was a huge expense then with alot less support. I must assume RGM is having problems with sponsorship or he would announce this by now. I would appreciate something official as would alot of other folks. This is one of those events that he really has a good chance to win. I believe they need to be on site by December 15, so time is really short.
You know Robby is preparing for the Dakar full speed ahead. The details I'm sure will be revealed in due time, probably just before any real deadline as is typical RGM business.

Or something soon after the 1000.
OK, a lot of people claimed that RG is running the 2011 Dakar, but heard nothing about this and nothing posted on RGM sites. Does anyone really know?
John, as stated look thru the pics posted on here. There are a few of Hummers, & support vehicles being prepped. If I remember correctly, I believe the support vehicles are actually shipping this week. If thats not quite enough for you, stay tuned. TOG will be switching planetrobby over to Dakar mode very soon. Then you will get all the news that is Dakar news from the RGM camp far before Kevin has a chance to update rg.com.
that is correct !

support vehicles left about 2 weeks ago. Hummers leave in a few weeks.
Any update on HP/restrictor plate change this year for Dakar?
in a post race video RG said "HUMMERS leaving soon" for DAKAR
Thanks, I did not catch that.
research photo section with "dakar 2011" and you will see a few 2011 dakar images

here ya go.
Thanks, I see my comments have been edited, so this site is becoming PC now? you must have good info inside the team and I hope RG does well this time although I really think he should have gone 4x4 for this type of event. Getting stuck has been a major factor for him for years.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service