Patrick's NASCAR plans prompt more criticism
By JENNA FRYER AP Auto Racing Writer

http://home.myhughesnet.com/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD9PE11TG1%40new...

Views: 1252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ummmm... huh?

hahahaha
I look at Danica as a cross between Kim Kardashian and Ken Block. Both are masters at building their brands but neither has the talent to match the over-the-top image the branding sells.

Ken Block makes great videos and displays superb driving skills in singular controlled settings but as his record in WRC competition shows he has his ass handed to him in a DC/Monster flat-bill regularly.
Ha...That was Funny and True.....Danica still has a viable market spot, and she is moving it to a new venue......Good for her
I think Danica will do pretty well in NW, not so sure about cup. One of the biggest problems she is going to have is her driving style. it is not a mix it up, aggressive type of driving, her style is to be very smooth and slowly drive faster and faster and reel in her competitors. That works in Indy car ovals because there are fewer yellow flags than in Fender cars. Fendercars also have phantom yellows to make the racing closer; that is going to be a big problem for her unless she can change her style. I think another reason she likes Fendercar ovals because she has a coach in her ear telling her what to do. She is a very determined person and I think she will get better and better. She has already shown she can drive NW, in 7 races she has 3 top 10's, the only other NW drivers with 3 top 10's have at least 20 starts. I have seen every one of her Indy 500 races and she is always competitive there, and few drivers exit turn one as fast she does. There is talent there, it is just a question of, is the marketing going to get in the way of the driving.
she will be a far more talented driver than Conway ever will be. isn't everybody overrated ?
who is in the nationwide? from a competitive stand-point she should do pretty good. this year when she was racing she was in the top 7 in points. It does get old following her around seeing the same damn thing on tv every weekend. all overrated or not. of course she is but good equipment gets you places....hope she does not win though top 5-10 is ok.
Danica is the female version of Elliott Sadler. She will have the best equipment in the garage and no wins to show for it. Plus - a huge pile of bent sheet metal. Overrated?.............Big time.....She will join the "sell merch can't race club" with Bayne, Sadler, McMurray, etc.
Don't forget to add her car owner to that list...........
Well said. Another example is the 48. Although I am not a fan of ole 5Xs I can certainly respect JJ's performance. Some even claim he is overrated.
This place cracks me up! I usually try to stay away from politics, religion ect., but this is amusing...I cant for the life of me understand why there is so much hate out there towards Danica. I watch the same crap all of you guys and gals watch, and guess what? She has a marketing team that is doing good things for her and her family. Nobody on here cant tell me they would'nt drive anything anywhere anytime if, one, given the opportunity, two your marketing team which you hired, put in a position to race any series, and get great exposure....Everyone knows the cream will rise to the top. And who knows, she might do well, bring much needed exposure to our sport! If RG were younger possibly, knowing what he knows now with the SPEED brand and all, Im sure things might be different. But who am i to say! The ol saying goes, "the older I get, the better I was!" Just my .02
Yes, well said iugrad! If more people are watching the sport because of Danica, I'm all for it.
my girls and wife will watch more cuz they see whats on TV and all they hype, or at least they will want to know how she did, and before all they cared about was Robby doing good cuz they seen how happy i was when he ran well. When dads happy, everyone is happy,

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service