According to a member of a Truck team who asked not to be identified, Childress took off his jewelry before approaching Busch in the garage area and struck him with his fist. The two were separated, traded insults and then Childress grabbed Busch in a headlock and struck him again before the incident was broken up.

The crew member said Childress initiated the incident.

Read more: http://www.thatsracin.com/2011/06/04/65276/childress-busch-altercat...

Good for the old man, but I really wonder if he'll get the same penalty Robby got.

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

a fair punishment, probation or suspension wouldn't mean anything.
RC gets a 150 grand fine, NASCAR=JOKE, RC writes a check big deal, thats like 5 bucks to many of us on here. What Nascar should do is after each race, who ever has a bone to pick with someone meets at the start finish line and handles it, so everyone can watch. The tv ratings would go way up, just sayin.
Tony Stewart beat you to the finish line fight theory on WindTunnel last night.
nice I didn't even watch that last night
My opinion is Nascar did right, harsh penalty for a couple of punches. Can't have owners doing this regardless of who they are. Driver yes.
Give RC his money back. This has brought more attention to NASCAR than a Jr win would.
guess Nascar hates someone more than RG now.... so much for that theory...
I suspect NASCAR is capable of hating more than one player at a time.
The RC penalty was appropriate. But KB should have been penalized for the bump on the cool-down lap that instigated the whole issue - particularly because he was on probation for similar antics already.

So the message that can be taken away is: probation for on-track shenanigans means nothing and will be enforced selectively, if at all, but fisticuffs are only allowed in the NASCAR hauler.
Kyle didn't deserve to be punished, if RC didn't punch him we wouldn't be having this discussion because what Kyle did wasn't a big deal. He was a jerk but didn't deserve punishment.
I disagree. He is on probation for on-track incidents. Statements made by NASCAR indicated that this probation was applicable across all three series. He intentionally rams another truck, on-track, after the race is over, venting his frustration about being beat fair and square during the race.

I honestly appreciate having Kyle in the races. He's a fast driver, and he makes the races just that much more interesting. But when he acts like a dick, and then NASCAR let's him get away with it, it doesn't do anything positive for the sport.

Letting Kyle off the hook for his on track actions (even though he was thouroughly humiliated by an old man) just promotes the perception that NASCAR plays favorites. Do you really think there are too many other drivers who NASCAR would let slide like this?
well then maybe we should be pissed at nascar for being consistently inconsistent on their rulings...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service