Seriously, we have some knowledgeable members...please share your wisdom.
We also have some joker members who always make us laugh.....pls share your whit!
Our mission is to bring home the Silver and Gold!

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably more than any other team, sans the 00 team perhaps.
If he can go 37 laps comfortably, then the strategy has to be to pit at 37 and 74 leaving the 'extra' lap for the end in case of a green white checkered. I don't have the stats but I'll bet there are typically more cautions in the last third of the race than the first two. If 37 is questionable, you have to pit at 36 and hope cautions get you to the end. I agree with whoever said they should add or subtract a couple of laps from the race. My preference would be to add a couple and see who has the gonads to stop on lap 2 for fuel.
hahaha my reply at same time echoes this on the other page!
great minds ...
KURT: Robby, saturday go run 23 laps at full tilt. Then we will fill her up with fuel and then discuss what we are going to do. And stick with it.
Eh...Kirk
Best thing would be like 2007 and keep a clean car at the front. Qualify on the front row or 3rd place and clear off. Just try not to mees the fuel stops up.
Luck has a lot to do with it I guess. Not having tyre issues would be nice too !
not to f#$k anything up.
If I learned anything watching in 2007, its that you have to be flexible. Robby can go maybe 38 laps on fuel, because even when he's "cruisin" he's on the power a lot more than most of the competition. What happened in 07 with the caution is tricky, but you look at what Jeff Gordon did. Tony and Robby were the class of the field that day, and Jeff was just a good car running in the top 5 before that caution. Jeff stopped with everybody else, but came in for a splash of gas a few laps after the restart, still came out ahead of Robby and finally succumbed to a flying Stewart late in the race bringing home a 7th place finish.
So what you have to imagine is Robby will pit between laps 70 and 72, and if you get a caution between laps 65 and 69 he can't win. But being flexible and making a third pitstop if things get f'ed up is not a problem at Sonoma if you do it on your last stop.
Double file restarts also give you the ability to make up more ground. If Robby would have stopped with everybody else in 2007, he still would have come out of the pits between 5th and 10th. He would have still had the opportunity to make hay and gap cars behind him before making his final stop for a splash and go (saving 10 seconds).
2007 showed that no matter how fast you are, you can't just run your own race. You have to see the big picture.
"2007 showed that no matter how fast you are, you can't just run your own race. You have to see the big picture."
Chuck, you're absolutely right. They were locked in to that strategy and wouldn't adapt as the race developed.
I predict that there will be a lot of cautions, many because of the double-wide restarts.
Whoever is lucky enough, or thinks fastest on their feet, is gonna win.
???? Im confused...Tony Stewart and Robby had the EXACT smae pit strategy and Tony finished ahead of Jeff who you are using as an example of having to adapt? lol

Robby had a crappy pit stop and got caught behind a pesky Ryan Newman who held him up....thats all.

The caution on lap 67 assured Robby and Stewart probably wouldnt win..but the strategy was fine..as evidenced by Stewarts finish.
almost but, Tony pitted one lap later and put the whip to it after the pit stop. Robby questioned pitting as early as they did but mean Gene told RG to trust him. Robby went back out and put it in fuel conserving cruise mode he'd been in all day waiting for everyone ahead of him to pit. Gene never told Robby what was going on. Had Robby pushed it he would have finished up around Jeff and Tony. I've always thought this was the beginning of the end for Gene.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service