General Motors today announced today that Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machines Co., Ltd. was unable to complete the acquisition of Hummer.  As a result, GM will begin the orderly wind-down of the Hummer operations http://finance.alphatrade.com/story/2010-02-24/CWN/201002241455CANA...

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

didn;t you hear..we're going back to the Reagan 1982 top marginal rate of 50% on combined family incomes over 89,000.....lol.
This isn't a bad idea... Buy your building supplies at the same place you buy the truck to bring the supplies home. After all they are selling appliance now at both Loews and HD.
You can bet that new taxes are coming---just give them time. No back to Robby---I would love to see Robby run an FJ Toyota body at Dakar. I also wish that Robby would shelf Nascar and go back open wheel racing with a 2 car team---him in one car and Ryan Hunter Reay in a 2nd car with IZOD support. Get Menard to sponsor Robby's car. Now Robby races 18 weeks which leaves much more time open for off road. It would be sweet to have him show up at the road races for Cup and Nationwide weeks and win just to rub it in. I'm so sick of all this BS about how all the racers in the world want to come to cup---come on man---they turn left all day and it's all about who's got the engineering dollars. At least in F1 you have to turn and brake.
Andy---I agree with you on F1 and my point was that engineering was critical in F1 but that they at least had to also know how to turn left and right and brake. I do agree with you on ALMS and that would be my take but for exposure and impact I think that Indy cars is where to head. Sponsorship dollars are starting to effect Cup and some companies are going to look at---should we take our dollars to the Nationwide series or go over to Indy Cars. The indy series is getting ready for a new car design for the 2012 season which may bring some focus over to them agin
Didn't Toyota scrap the FJ?
I think in the end the biggest loss is the GM V8 program, here in Buffalo many folks are feeling this whole economic slap as the closing came down As far as new taxes I guess i'm on an island as I make reference to the CHIP tax. (an increase on cigars and such) after the new prez stated no new ones we got that hit.
I think that overall with Robby running the chassis that he does it should be mostly an engine issue and making sure the power plant and such are up to snuff when the actual manufacturer changes over.
yup

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service