Defending champion Yazeed Al-Rajhi tops the provisional 35-car entry for this week’s "Ha’il International Rally", the Kingdom’s flagship FIA-sanctioned cross-country rally, which will run for nearly 1000 competitive kilometres through the north-central region of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from March 24th-28th.

Al-Rajhi, who travels to the event straight from competing in the Kuwait International Rally, has taken charge of a powerful Hummer from Robby Gordon’s team in the United States of America and teams up with the experienced Portuguese co-driver Filipe Palmeiro, as he attempts to win the event for the fourth time in five years.

“The car reached Saudi last week and we have been making our final preparations since then," enthused Al-Rajhi. "I am in Kuwait now for the round of the Middle East Rally Championship, but I am looking forward to trying to win my home event again, especially now the rally has a longer and different format."

Views: 6606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is confirmation from Yazeed regarding confirmation of participation in the 2014 DAKAR. No word on future collaboration with RG.

http://www.maxrally.com/2013/03/26/al-rajhi-calls-on-gordon-for-dak...

Day 4: Yazeed Al-Rajhi and Winocq surge ahead

Saudi Arabia’s Yazeed Al-Rajhi overcame his engine scare at the end of the second leg to again dominate proceedings after the third and longest of the four selective sections of the "Ha’il International Rally" in Saudi Arabia on Wednesday.

Al-Rajhi and French co-driver Alex Winocq were never troubled in their powerful Robby Gordon Hummer Buggy and led the 304 km stage from start to finish to set the target time of 02:58:03 hours.

Czech driver Miroslav Zapletal and Polish co-driver Maciej Marton (Hummer H3 Proto) were no match for the flying Saudi and they reached the finish in second position – 34:26 minutes behind the leading Hummer – and will now start the final stage on Thursday trailing by a mammoth 01:25:54 hours.

"We have been really pushing again today," said Al-Rajhi. "In one wadi I very nearly rolled the car. I was extremely fortunate to get away with it."

Yazeed really kicking ass.

Here's a quote from RG from RDZ. I'm going to read into this that he has some big plans ahead:
"The big air shot in the dunes was RG in Saudi last weekend.

We learned a lot with the 39mm restrictor. I promise you the buglys are not that fast the truth will come out soon."

Also, RG said this, talk about an all star team:
"I think Sebastian would be good and I would welcome the challenge about him handing us our assess, he will be fast for sure but the Dakar is a different animal and I hope he comes to play.

Look forward to racing with him or against him. "

@Bri, I went to RDZ to read the whole thread. What amazes me is for a group that lives off-road,they have no idea what the restrictor rules are.By changing the HUMMER to FIA rules and installing a stock LS7 they also get to install a 39mm restrictor, Good on Robby for testing that combo.

Yes, very good idea. I kinda understand the lack of knowledge on the subject as the races they follow (SCORE, BITD, LOORS) don't have restrictors.

Do you have a link to the article? I would appreciate it...thanks!!!

Thanks Mike!

Great things coming. Everybody hold on

One thing I have learned being a Robby fan - hold on tight because there is a curve coming that will throw you into another direction. Never a boring ride.

Let the speculation begin, but one thing seems for sure, that Robby will be running Dakar again!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service