Looks as Danica be attempting the Daytona 500 in 2012. What number will she use? If RGM is not in the top 35 with the #7, would the number be on the market? If so what could be the asking price for the limited cup races she's planning.

Maybe a partnership/support deal to use the same cars as Tony, Ryan and Danica in 2012. There would be room for a fourth team under a SHR? Or a deal just like the 78 and RCR. Work smarter, not harder.

Keep selling Speed Energy! Gas On RGM.

Views: 6449

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We got our awesome speed energy flag at Bristol! The private vendors used the 07 for Robby and the 7 for Danica on their T-shirt racks, for what little that's worth. If he got the car in the top 35 by some miracle --> he could sell a starting spot and the number (make more than S&P a bunch of races...)
Here is my take on this #7 question. I posted this ESPN and on another article written about who should get the #7, Robby or Danica.

I dont get why so many feel Robby Gordon need’s to give Danica and SHR his #7? He earned that number when he chose to build his own team Robby Gordon Motorsports 7 or 8 years ago. At that time the #7 was available and he took it. Yes RGM is struggling financially as Robby’s Speed Energy Drink company is growing. But once his company is established and can pay for all his racing adventures (On and off road) his team will have the ability to race full time again. BTW he is attempting all the races, just not finishing all of them.

But because he is currently struggling is no reason for Danica who will only be attempting to race maybe 6 or 7 cup races have or be expected to have the #7. Why has she earned the right to run the #7? She has only won 1 race in a 120 + starts using the #7 and that was in the Indy car series. Not even in any NASCAR sanctioned event!

Would those who feel Robby should give up the #7 to Danica feel this same way if she was racing the #3 in Indy cars? If #3 was her number in other forms of racing she has been in, do you feel that RCR who holds the rights to the #3 and has not raced that number since Dale died 10 years ago, should have to give her that number?

The #3 has not been raced for 10 years! Should Danica have the right to that number? Please dont say the #3 is different because Dale was a Champion and the #3 is not the same as the #7. Because Alan Kulwicki won a Championship in the #7 being the same underdog that Robby currently is.

And if numbers were so important in NASCAR’s eyes they would retire the #3, but the fact is NASCAR has stated that a number is a number and they will not retire any number.

If Danica really wants a 7 in her number she can do as Dale Jr did and double up.
Was this in your "Deep Voice"?
Shoot this thread in the head
I agree , I've had enough of this thread .
Would everyone like this thread closed? two votes to close
2nd the motion.
kevin votes - yes
it is just a number who cares who drives what numbered cars only the licsinceing group
there's already too much activity going on here, we need to tone it down. so yes please close the thread.
Why close it? Personally I dont car if it is open or closed. My opinion is if you dont want to read someones comments then dont open this thread. I'm sure there are some who dont frequent this site as much and might not have had the chance to read or post their comments. What will happen is this will be closed and someone will start a new thread about the same subject.

Get over it people!
yup

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service