I've been a long time Robby fan and have finally come to be a NASCAR fan as well. I originally started watching NASCAR when the company I worked for sponsored and still does Robby. He has been through the gamet of car manufacturers, this year Dodge. My understanding was that we was suppose to get some help. I and I'm sure Robby, have been a bit bummed by the performances. The other Dodges seem to at least run mid pack and forward. Why is Robby having such a problem with the set up and keeping up with the track? Can somebody give me some clues, I love the guy but it's tough to watch? Thanks

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well David there are more qualified people on here to tell you but, I will give it a shot. The proplem RGM faces on a regular basis is finding the right set up for the car, depending on the track. I think the dodge power is just fine, its a matter of applying all that power to the track. As you know RGM is a one car team and its hard to gather as much info on different tracks and different setups. RGM makes and has good equiptment so I don't beleive that is a problem. I am on the ouside looking in so I cant really point fingers but, one would think the more experienced mechanics and engineers are sucked up by larger teams. Kinda like college footbal, a bigger school has better recruiting. Another problem RGM has is the owner has a hard time fitting his helmet over his owners hat. Robby needs to put the best people he can in positons and let them do there job while he goes out and races and gives feed back. A good crewchief will never stick around if they are just being told by the driver what to do. Robby is a great owner and is very hands on with all aspects of his company, but I believe to be succesfull on sunday he needs to not try to fill so many roles and do what he really does best and that is race. Sorry long winded hope I typed somehting intelligent.
Robby has let people 'do their job' .. some valid points above, but many untrue statements as well... Richmond sucked....On to Darlington.
we've heard this before.....
El Jardo made some good points, sounds good all around. College reference sold me...jk. Larger teams have the resources & funding.
El Jardo I know what Tog said but I think you have a pretty good read on the situation. Nothing in there that is not good constructive criticism. People can agree or disagree but what you said needs to be at least considered.
Hey David... I feel your pain. Ive been a Bob and Robby fan since I was a little dirty faced kid on my ZY80 at the off-road races in the So.Cal Dez.I have lots of respect for the Gordon family.I too wish RG would give us a race to dance to.On the flip side.... Im sure Rob makes a pretty good living running around in the back of the pack.
O hey Keith... Thanks for joining in with the stats from last year..
and on overage it takes around 100k or more to get a car to the track...i've heard this figure more than once....
Is Scott a bad dancer?.....lol
I bet when you factor in all the endorsement work outside the sponsor on the hood (think Junior & wrangler), it probably gets up there.
My apologies, did not think endorsements were that high for nascar.
I've heard that the way to make a small fortune in auto racing is to start with a large fortune...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service