Im sure many of you can agree with this. Why does Robby not get involved with the 24 hour Daytona Race? Team up with someone and either enter there own car or drive for someone with SPEED either as the sponsor. I think an all orange DP would look awesome out on the track.

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Forget Grand-Sham and the circus that it is go ALMS racing. With his ties to GM I'm sure if Robby wanted to he could get the 3rd driver slot at Pratt & Miller/Corvette racing for Sebring, Petit Lemans & maybe even the Lemans 24.
The last time he ran in the Rolex 24 was in 2002 for Jim Matthews with Scott Sharp. They finished 2nd and Robby's cut was a whopping $15G. Clearly not enough $$$ to offest the cost. Unless you are on a team running for a season title, it makes no sense to run this race unless you are teamed up with someone else.

I haven't been at the Rolex since 2000 but would definitely go back if Robby ran again. If you haven't gone before I highly encourage the experience.
If that was his passion I'm sure he would be doing it. I don't see anything is sport cars that compares to leaping 125' at over 100mph.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service