Biffle will compete in his first Off-Road desert race this weekend. Greg has loved playing in the desert and he has wanted to do this for awhile now. Lets hope he does well and loves it so much that he too will want to continue and maybe buy, build or race his own race car or truck in the future.

Also Brendan Gaughn is racing his class one car too.

Biffle going dirt racing: #16-Greg Biffle will be competing in the first off-road race of his career when he competes in Saturday's Henderson Fabtech Desert Classic, sanctioned by the Best in the Desert Racing Association. Biffle, who will be sharing driving duties in the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor R with Rob MacCachren and Steve Olliges, is scheduled to start the race behind the wheel. As an added attraction, Biffle will be giving Philip Ryan, a race fan from Cadott, WI, the ride of his life. Ryan, 59, was the winner of Ford's F-150 SVT Raptor Unleashed Sweepstakes and will get to sit in the Raptor's third seat during Biffle's leg of the race. Some Q&A from Ford and Biffle:
YOUR NASCAR SEASON IS OVER, BUT YOU'RE STILL RACING. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SATURDAY'S OFF-ROAD RACE?
Biffle: "I can't wait. I love going to the desert and love doing off-road stuff. This will be the first time I've ever competed in an off-road race, so I'm real excited about it. I got to do a little bit of practice in the spring time when Ford was doing a promotional event with the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor R race version truck and I enjoyed it so much I said, 'Hey, I want to participate in a race,' so this opportunity came up to run one of the Best in the Desert races on Dec. 5 in the Raptor. I'm really looking forward to it. That's the highlight of my week is being able to go to the desert on Saturday and race."
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT?
Biffle:"I have no idea other than I love being off-road and being in the desert like that, so I have no idea what to expect."
THE PLAN IS FOR YOU TO DRIVE FIRST, CORRECT?
Biffle: "Yeah. The plan is I'm going to start and Rob MacCachren is gonna be brave enough to ride with me. He's gonna be my co-driver and I can't think of anybody better to have in the right seat than him, talking to me about what to do and what-not-to-do. Hopefully, he can tell me the what-not-to-do's before we get too far into them and break the truck or wreck. I'm looking forward to it. It's gonna be fun."
ROB'S NOT THE ONLY ONE IN THE TRUCK. YOU'VE GOT A FAN IN THE RAPTOR AS WELL, RIGHT?
Biffle: "Yeah, they've got three seats in this Raptor, so they usually put a media person, a mechanic or a contest winner in the vehicle, so that's gonna be fun for them. I hope they don't criticize my driving too much since this will be the first time I'm driving off road." (Ford Racing)(12-5-2009)

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow old Mint 400 flashback right there!

Check this old Mint 400 parade picture out. These were the days of 500 plus car counts. The days when Las Vegas closed down the streets and Contingency was one huge party. When I was little they would put me in the car and my job was to steer as they pushed it threw contingency. Tough job for a 5 year old!

What a great picture. I'm jealous.
Great Memories there and what a fantastic photo. What year ? I see some of the old Cheworth Cars in the picture. The Gordon family and the McMillian family was there thats for sure. Do you remeber Riverside, the first of the Stadium races, All the Mud.
Greg wishes he had half of what Robby's got....
And right in the middle is the old trusty class Ford with the Twin-I Beam front end that started the long wheel travel phenom!!! Anybody remember when Ted Nugent raced the Mint a few times?
thanks cow, I just set the DVR! I hope its different than the episode played last year. But none the less, it was a good show.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service