Fuel Mileage and Making the Pit Stops at the Right Time.

Is this Robby's year for a great road course victory? 

A short fun quote from Bump-Draft

Whether you love Robby Gordon or hate him- he’s one guy about which everybody has a strong opinion. One thing for sure: he’s his own guy and there’s not another driver in NASCAR like him. He’s a racer’s racer.

Someone once said of Tony Stewart, that he could put four wheels on a cockroach and win a race with it. Robby Gordon would be right there with him….running a special off-road edition cockroach and pushing Smoke all the way home.

His way may not always be right, but it’s his way.

Imo....I honestly believe that Robby is Damn prepared for this weeks race at sonoma.  

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ray Evernham made this suggestion 2 years ago and nobody listened. But I agree, shorten or lengthen or mess with the fuel cell. STOP THE FUEL MILEAGE RUNS!
they did tinker with the number of laps. There are possibly 3 GWC finishes this weekend. That adds 6 miles under racing plus, however many laps under caution to the race. People who try and stop at lap 65 or 66 this year are REALLY going to be rolling the dice.
Gonna miss Jimmy Spencer on "RaceDay"... Always glad when he picks Rob for the win on his fantasy league.
I hate it when jimmy picks Robby.. having Spencer pick your driver always seems to be a huge jinx...
All this talk about how close he's gotten if it weren't for.... (insert cause here) only shows that RG IS still the guy to beat on the RCs. Each "almost in his grasp" adds fuel to the beast when he gets behind the wheel on Sunday. You gotta be in the hunt before you can claim victory. You can't fault anyone for last year unless they had prior knowledge of when the next caution would come out. What you should remember is that he had the right setup to contend for the win. I can almost catch a whiff of that sweet smell of victory already....
and so far , all the media articles coming out, still list Robby as a contender on a road course.
And yet he finished where?
well the main topic of this discussion is fuel mileage and green white checkers. Nascar is going to do one of two things. they are thinking add to the excitment and try to use all three GWC's to keep people on the edge of thier seats, Or... try to prevent the constant restart malay and use local cautions if possible.

My theory is this.. if the race is going pretty quick.. ie not alot of cautions during the race then they will use all 3 GWC's
If the race is taking along time ie had alot of cautions and race is close to running late... then they will use local cautions also to add to the conspiracy theory's out there.. depending on who is leading the race might make for local cautions used instead of full course yellows to allow the race to end. jmho
When was the last time NASCAR ever used a local caution? I can't remember it happening in the last dozen years or so.
yes they have used local cautions.. only a few times.. but they have done it. maybe i saw in the nationwide/busch series more.. but i have seen them a couple time
I don't care who's driving, the COT on a road course is a POS.
This is my backseat driver opinion. With the GWC in play I feel like this will be a 3 stop race. I would run 8 to 10 laps and pit. This take care of the GWC, then just cruise and wait for everyone else to pit take the lead until next stop. Get the Point. Somewhere there will be a caution to equal out the cars on the track be not the gas. This could work for his favor. Some will try a 2 stop but I Think Robby is good enough to overcome with the cautions.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service