Okay robby...heres your chance to get the best. I think it would work. Him and Jr was just too personal to work.

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can think of several drivers that started hot out of the box in recent years. Jr among them. They think they have it figured out early on and then fizzle when it starts getting tough. Jr was great in Busch but didn't carry it over to Cup. I think his first reality check came when kenseth won a Cup title before him. Started to lose his focus when DEI made the crew chief swap with POS and totally lost it with his contract/buy the team melodrama. Somehow he thought selling himself to the highest bidder would catapult him into victory lane. When it didn't, things got dark and ugly. Eury Jr didn't light any fires in the garage either. Can't recall anything innovative coming out of the DEI stable when they had a chance to shine, certainly not now when others are really calling the shots. Haven't seen anyone ask his opinion when it comes to tech expertise. I'm not an insider so this is all IMHO. Maybe he does get some respect but sure doesn't appear that way. Neither would be on my fantasy racing team.
This is the worst topic in the history of this site.

Inappropriate after Robby gets his best finish in years and it is all due to Kirk's great call to stay out.
E. Jr is a great driver, all cup drivers are good, but if you have been watching him over the years(and not being a adoring fan) you will notice that the pressure has got to him. He despises doing interviews or anything social. His whole attitude stinks...Not his fault, I guess...But bottom line he loves racing, but is not having fun now.
yes, i agree. Well maybe not in the history.
Agreed on the worst topic comment.
...........and, typically, when Robby has success, NASCAR finds a way to put him down. THEY DO NOT like drivers who think for themselves and do things their own way.
I think the situation with Jr was the frustration of there lack of performance. Watching Mark Martin win two races already probably put the most hurt on them. I feel like we will see a different Jr this weekend. On the other hand i would love to see RG put a hurtin on all of them.
Hell no the Eury Jr. He and Dale Jr made the perfect team of dumb and dummer. RGM is way above Euy Jr. he only has a name because he is Dale Jr's cousin and Dale Jr only has a name cause well Duh! They both are so/so. Kirk is who Robby should have and should stick with.
Guess that all explains why Kerry E races every weekend doesnt it. ! Oh wait he has the same name, same relationship and has no ride! Blows your well thought out and well stated theory all to hell. Whatever happened to "if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it". So a team elects to change thier crew chief, big deal happens all the time, people come and go.
And it's a good thing too.... gives us something to grumble about during the week. There have been a lot of lame topics appearing midweek that get far more posts and attention then they deserve. They keep our happy planet bonding other than just on race day.
I can only imagine the number of posts this topic got on the Dale Jr. fan sites.
TOG - Thanks for the Great Dover photos......................

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service