Okay robby...heres your chance to get the best. I think it would work. Him and Jr was just too personal to work.

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right on!
Kirk is a great CC. Him and Robby have the chemistry this year. Well Said R2W!
Plus, look what some of Robby's old crew chiefs are doing now. For example, Greg Erwin...working great with Biffle, but couldn't get it done with Robby.
Hmmm, I still think (and Robby is quoted as well) that RGM should have never let Greg go. He had some bright spots, including a car that should have won at Atlanta in 2006. The COT switch caught RGM behind the 8-ball, and somethign had to change. Robby brought in a guy that had spent a year developing the COT (Gene Nead) to try and get RGMs COT program up to speed. At first, it helped.

I personally dont think comparing Gregs accomplishments from RGM and Roush is fair, just from a resource standpoint alone. I also think if the COT had never come out, Greg would still be at RGM and their performance would be much better than it has been for the past few years. Not to say that Kirk is to blame or any worse than Greg, I just think that the COT hurt RGM and it took (or is taking, depeding on your outlook) time to come up to speed on the new platform.

In a perfect world, I would take Greg and Kirk on one team, one in the lead engineer/car chief role, the other in the crew chief role. I am not sure which would do which, but I really think their talents would mesh well together. I do believe Greg and Kirk worked together at RCR...
Well from a resource standpoint, who is to say that Eury Jr. would do big things at RGM? Eury Jr. has resources at Hendrick he wouldn't have at RGM just like Erwin has resources at Roush. I agree with what you said, I was just pointing out that just because Tony was good at Hendrick, doesn't mean he would be good at RGM.
That not ness. saying anything good about robby.
Youre out of your mind.
Kirk is the poop. I hope he stays for a long time.
I will take up a freakin collection to keep Kirk in the fold.
Super combo.
well put!
Love it
Kirk's the Poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Might have to re-do my banner
I think there should be t-shirts
Hold on, I cannot believe I actually read that someone thinks the issue was Earnhardt Jr and not Eury Jr.

Look at the facts folks, Earnhardt Jr has 18 Cup wins. How many of those were with Eury Jr?

It is completely appualing to me how everyone is ready to criticize Earnhardt Jr these days. He has to be the most under-rated winner of 18 Cup races to ever compete based on all the nay-saying going on. I am not even an Earnhardt Junior fan.

What is Tony Jr going to provide to RGM? He had the top engineering, the top components and materials, etc and still could not win. It was not the driver. Also, what is the issue with Kirk? He handles Robbys outbursts, manages to bring decent cars to the track, and has the team improving every area as the weeks pass by. If you expect this team to run up front every weekend, find another driver to root for. RGM is a single car team with no big team affiliation and sponsorship that is a fraction of the big boys, they truly have to pick their battles. I really hope RG and Kirk can stick the #7 in victory lane at one of the road courses this year, just as a "told you so" to all these types of threads...
Agrees with Matt completely but as it were anyone can post anything they wish. It never bothers me to see Junior do well in fact I enjoy it when he has success. I begrudge no driver success, do I get tired of the same guys winning all the time, sure everyone does. How do you think Formula One got termed Bormula One when Schumacker was winning everything. It seems some of us have rather strong negative statements regarding other drivers and thats okay but there is also a segment of us that root for our guy not at the expense of others. Sheesh I could suggest that RG should hire Junior Johnson cause hes availiable but it still wouldnt make it very plausible. Guess the good news is that its unlikely RG consults any of this for guidence!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service