Does anyone find it funny Carl Edwards only gets probation for 3 races.... Yet Robby's incident at Montreal was far less dramatic and dangerous and he gets suspended for a race?? I don't get it... I would think Edwards wouldn't mind the suspension because AFLAC pays when you're out of work.

NASCAR is starting to feel like our government. Only cares about the big businesses and could care less about the little guy. 

Views: 234

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And what is the proper response to this now that NASCAR wants the drivers to police themselves? Is Brad to assume that it is his job to punish Carl since NASCAR won't? And how exactly does the 12 respond? Wait until Talladega and see if he can put the 99 in the grandstands? Bring a gun to the garage? What's the next step?

That's a rhetorical question, TOG. I'm questioning Helton's logic, not yours. If NASCAR shows it's not going to do anything, what good is a sit-down beer summit in the yellow hauler?

And note that Helton is already covering his ass for next time when it is Dave Blaney or RG or someone else 'expendible.' He's saying it right here in his statement!

“Historically, if you look back at NASCAR’s reaction to things, we may react to the first incident differently than we react to the third or fourth or fifth incident,” Helton said.
We dont know what goes on behind the scenes. All we know is what is released via the media. I am sure there were some F-you's getting thrown to Carl that his Golly Gees had no effect on. But it all goes back to the " Boys have at it " statement Nascar made at the start of the year.
You are right. They have themselves covered with that statement, and now Helton has given himself some wiggle room when it isn't a Chase contender. I am sure that NASCAR was under an enormous amount of pressure. When you think about it, Edwards is the face of Ford Racing.
Boys , Have at it ! . Don't' worry, there will be a race in the future where RG will dump somebody, for whatever reason, and we will all be saying " Nascar shouldnt do anything to him because they said Boys, have at it ! " ....
If this was any other driver and not one of Nascrap's Golden Boy's they would have gotten suspended, fined, and docted points.
Doug, you are so right in paragraph 2.
There are still big unions?
in the public sector mostly. But that is another story
I dont care if this is fair or not. This ruling by NASCAR might actually get me to watch some racing. Nascar is far more entertaining with grudge matches and death defying crashes. Finally a motorsport that is going old school. F1 season start this week, they have killed the racing with passing a judgement on every overtaking manouver, that F1 has become a sterile procession. It is hard enough to pass in F1 and with FIA's legal book hanging over your head, you have to be a lawyer to complete a pass. So for once, I am on Nascar side.

Side note: The talking duck sponsor is important to nascar, so they made sure Carl would not miss a race. If it was robby, they would be making an example of him.
LOL that's not even that much of an exaggeration re: Formula 1
In looking back at prior on track altercations, Carl is walking. I wonder if Jack and Ford put the word into NASCRAP's ear to tread lightly.
If anyone wonders about nascars credibility i would suggest reading Smokey Yunick's best damn garage in town. As for carl edwards not being aware that contact with another car at 190 mph would have a good chance of getting them airborne considering his own expierience with this action he is either stupid or has some signifigant memory loss.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service