With all of the rumors going around that Penske is going back to Ford,and Dodge maybe leaving Nascar all together.I'm wondering if RGM is looking to change ?

Views: 1919

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is way too early to see where & what this does for RG & his team.

Heard from a team member that Robby is indeed in talks with Dodge about the future, at the track today this person told me that the Dodge reps keep coming around. Don't know what that really means but sounds good to me

Thanks Kurt, fingers crossed!....I have to agree with TOG it's early yet but I can't help but think toyota started out with Micheal Waltrip???? who had never been a team owner in cup prior to them teaming up with him, I realize Micky had Napa and arrons backing him but it just seems that RG has a team that with some help is in a great position to positivly represent Dodge.

Wally MWR started with Dodge. Then his relationship fell apart and MW despised Dodge. Raced cars without the Dodge stickers etc. I think they partnered at some level with the 22 team.

MWR was always planned on going to Toyota. The Dodge thing was because he had a year (or was it 2?) to spare between the time he left DEI til the time Toyota debuted, but from the time he left DEI he was signed on for Toyota.

I don't think he actually ever had Dodge support, he was just running bought cars from Bill Davis Racing.

Josh, my memory is a bit fuzzy of the early days of MWR, Just wanted to comment about MWR having raced before the toyota logos went on the car. Who could forget when MW bought the Derrick Cope ride and rewrapped it with Napa colors. Never no how...

Did they say anything about Robby holding an Egg? LOL

Kurt...See you made it. Good for you bud

there is that song out there "Something's got to Give" either way our Robby needs to get attatched to a winning program - sell and drive with someone else, have Coors or Wall Street Journal buy him or CitiBank or Qualcomm or someone--a few motor's, a few new race cars will light the fire for him/US.
Dodge, Ford, Toyota, Chezy, Kia, Hummer it does not matter but we have to start "starting races like we mean it and race races like we want to win" Come on Robby work full time on getting the NASCAR program together. You are a proven winner at Off-Road racing and all the other racing.
Time is rip for Nascar and or Indy Car (I dislike Indy car) but something where he is respected, loved and disliked in those sports and we all love Robby being the Black Hat Cowboy with drive, talent and committment~!

The time for Robby to sell or merge was four years ago when 46 teams were trying for 42 or 43 spots each week and the 7 was in the top 35 of owners points. He explored that option numerous times (almost bought out Yates with Menards' help, flirted with mergers with Gillett and DEI) and decided to stay independent. Now, the best asset RGM has is RG. The top 35 spots have been severely de-valued, even if RG was in the top 35, which he isn't.

As for sponsorship and making deals, to quote Dave Mustain, 'Peace sells, but who's buying?' I don't see the corporation looking to sink $15 million into a race team right now, do you? The 17 just won the Daytona 500 and has 1/3 of the season sold. The 5 isn't sold for the whole year. Kurt Busch has a cup title and is running blank most weeks.

You tell me; where's this money coming from?

It's funny I juet listened to that song today.

I can't imagine anyone at Dodge getting excited about backing Petty, a team that has two drivers with one career Cup win between them. IMO, bringing RPM in the fold would be just about as exciting as bringing in RGM. Dodge is going to look bigger than that. The problem they have going forward is the whole engine/new model issue while trying to court teams in week 3 of a 36 week season. Penske really stuck it to Dodge but good.

At least Ganassi has a big-time, global driver and Jamie Mac, who who three big races just two years ago. I have a hard time believing that Ganassi will split up its engine deal with RCR and Chevy, but Dodge could wave a ton of money.

RPM may end up with Dodge in the end of all of this, but I can't see them being the BIG marquee team the way Penske was.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service