http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/racing/news/20120613/dodge-sprint-...

What do you guys think about this? I'm all in.

Views: 3913

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Penske isn't completely focused on NASCAR and they did pretty good carrying the Dodge banner.

You heard it here first:

Gordon, Kurt Busch with a part time TBD 3rd car.

what?

I actually thought something along those lines myself. If Finch does dump Kurt at the end of the yr, (given RG has a ride for him) put Kurt in it. Monster only gives 1 yr contracts, so pit bro against bro. Plus Kurt won't run his mouth knowing he'll get KO'd, or throttled like the Congina did. Which may actually force him to focus on driving rather than whining. Could be a potent combo...given something with Dodge falls into place. As for RG full time, & TBD 3rd car...eh. I'd put KB in as primary driver, & RG for select events. If cash is there for 2 cars, grab a guy like Reuti. Now you have 2 diff personalities, & driving styles. Yayayaya, if's, speculation, & pipedreams galore...just sayin, it's one of those avenues to explore.

Bring a sponser ($$$$) and I dont see that being to far fetched. Its all about the $$$$.

@mike/wc77-- kinda like your thinking, but don't think Kurt will make it to end of year with that ride, out loud thinking again, but Reuti, far stretch there bro..........

Forget who wins the championship. The real betting is on Kurt and what race he get's the boot! My pick, Daytona on July 7th after a bump draft....

That would be fun - I'll be at that race.

David Reutimann? You can't be serious. He sucks as a driver.

He sucks? He's fairly consistant in a mid-tier ride, good at diagnosing problems, doesn't generally tear up equipment, & even squeaks out the occasional win. Ya, I wouldn't take a 2nd glance at that either...
So Bruce, whats your better suggestion without an unlimited budget?

Occasional win = 2 wins. One was a rain shortened race that he stayed on the track rather than pitting on a yellow like everyone else. Well, everyone but Robby who got a second place finish for staying out also. He won something else, but I don't remember what it was. You are correct that he doesn't wreck many cars as he just cruises around the back of the field trying to stay out of peoples way.

OK, I have a guy that can do the job and won't break the bank. Justin Lofton.

Ya, Justin's definitely ready for Cup...C'mon man, BTW Reuti won Chicagoland a few years back. Also, as you can see here your "riding around the back" comment is just stinky BS.
Now back to Lofton, not next season, but soon. Give the guy a chance to break in for cryin out loud. What does he have, like 5 truck starts? I can see your a dirt guy, so you prolly are a fan of his off road stuff. The kid has talent, no doubt. But, you wouldn't be doing him, or RG any favors dropping him into a Cup baptism by fire.

Oh btw, RG only owns 3 Cup wins in a lot longer carrer than Reuti. Soooooo what are you saying about him?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service