It is my understanding that Mcmillin bought a clone to the 06 Trophy Truck that he and Robby shared in the 06 Score series?

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nope!
Hey Fly, Im curious what was the san Flippy section like, and why would it favor a front engine truck versus RG's rear/mid enging ride? I have always been highly impressed at how the RG truck sits, handles, lands, and just flat out looks good in action over the front engine trucks...
San Felipe is known for the sandy 3 foot whoops that go for miles. If you look at pictures from this years 250 Robby added air duct scoops to help the rear shocks stay cooler. Many TT body's have air ducts in them for this very purpose. Both the #3 Riviera truck and clone #8 Norman truck both run RG shocks and for the 250 they add a water mister system to help cool the rear shocks.

Pretty much every TT execpt for the RGM TT's run two rear shocks, one is a coil over shock and the other is the bypass shock. Robbys TT's run a single coil over with internal bypass. RG's shocks are bigger then others but still cant handle the continuous whoops that San Felipe has. Also Robby's designs are built for the way he likes to drive. Which is keep the nose high and let the back skip off the bumps instead of drop in them like other trucks do. This is why Andy's RG TT was converted to a two shock truck as he said he could not drive RG speeds all the time and that is how you need to drive those trucks. Even RG has said if you dont stay on top of the bumps you will beat his trucks apart. 2003 Robby DNFed the 1000 coming back up threw SF as he was having shock issues and he said if he continued he would brake the truck in half.

So you might ask why does RG run one shock? Because he is Robby Gordon and he does things his way.
Hi Nikal

Thanks for the technical info... If Desert racing was easy, everyone would be doing it.
Nikal, thanks for the explanation. I completely understand. I still love the attitude of the RG TT in just about all situations i've seen it in. I also prefer the tail squat feeling, especially coming out of corners... On a side note, does anybody remember the complete flop of a TT Roger Mears built that didnt work worth a dam???

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service