00 David Reutimann Toyota - Should be better in his 3rd season at MWR, (wrecks)
1 Martin Truex Jr. Chevy- Will have legitimate shot at the win (Top 10)
2 Kurt Busch Dodge- Will be good at Daytona (Top 10)
5 Mark Martin Chevy - He's gonna be very hungry (Top 5)
6 David Ragan Ford- Likely to be the new Roush leader at Daytona (Top 10)
07 Casey Mears Chevy- Should have a good enough car (wrecks)
7 Robby Gordon Toyota - Plate racing startegy pays off again (Top 10)
08 James Hylton Dodge - I don't think he'll make the race, if does he won't last 500 miles
8 Aric Almirola Chevy- Will have a fast ride & needs sponsorship = (Wrecks)
09 Brad Keselowski Chevy- Makes the race and has decent day (Top 25)
9 Kasey Kahne Dodge- Dodge will continue to show plate racing strength (Top 10)
11 Denny Hamlin Toyota - Have a feeling this will be a bad year for Denny (wrecks)
12 David Stremme Dodge - Same car different driver...repeat? Not hardly (wrecks)
14 Tony Stewart Chevy- Finds out being an owner requires alot (Top 20)
16 Greg Biffle Ford- Will run strong, but not have the finish to show for it
17 Matt Kenseth Ford- Is Matt feeling the pressure of odd man out at Roush? (wrecks)
18 Kyle Busch Toyota - Nobody wants to draft with Kyle, even if he's fast (Top 25)
19 Elliott Sadler Dodge - They can't wait for his contract to run out (wrecks)
20 Joe Logano # Toyota - Rookie gets dumped at the end (Top 20)
21 Bill Elliott Ford - Too bad that don't give more Champion Provisionals - Misses the show
23 Mike Skinner Chevy- Just barely misses making the race
24 Jeff Gordon Chevy- He's Baaaack! Should be poised at ready for the 500 (Top 5)
26 Jamie McMurray Ford - Begs everyone to please stop hitting him when he does good (wreck)
27 Kirk Shelmerdine Toyota - Nope
28 Travis Kvapil Ford- Sleeper Alert! He's without points and has alot of horses (Top 10)
29 Kevin Harvick Chevy- Just not quite as good as some (Top 15)
31 Jeff Burton Chevy- Best of the RCR bunch (Top 15)
33 Clint Bowyer Chevy- Makes the race, but doesn't fair well in the 500
36 Scott Riggs Toyota - Story of Speedweek! Runs up front and has a decent finish (Top 20)
39 Ryan Newman Chevy - Thought they were the same as Hendricks...not!
41 TBA Chevy- Has many wondering why they even entered in the first place (Wrecks)
42 Juan Montoya Chevy - Don't be surprised...(Top 5)
43 Reed Sorenson Dodge - Could show some strength at times (Top 20)
44 A.J. Allmendinger Dodge - If your looking for someone to cause a "Big One" (wrecks)
46 Carl Long Dodge- Doesn't make the race
47 Marcos Ambrose Toyota - Just think he'll have some isues
48 Jimmie Johnson Chevy- More of the same ol' JJ (Top 10)
51 Kelly Bires Dodge- Doesn't make the race
55 Michael Waltrip Toyota- Will have his moments up front (Top 25)
57? Norm Benning Chevy- Cheers - YES Daytona 500 NO, doesn't make the race
60 Boris Said Ford- Will be fast, but won't last (engine trouble)
66 Terry Labonte Toyota- Will get in on Champs Provisional, but will be a few laps down at the end
71 Mike Wallace Chevy- His race will be making the show, other than that not much
75 Derrike Cope Dodge - Won't make the race
77 Sam Hornish Jr. Dodge - If they swap points with Busch again, he's in, otherwise...YIKES!
78 Regan Smith Chevy- Out to prove Dega wasn't a fluke, except that near the car
82 Scott Speed # Toyota- Will have them wondering why they ousted AJ...(wreck)
83 Brian Vickers Toyota- Could be a threat to win... (Top 10)
87 Joe Nemechek Toyota- Sorry Joe, but this Daytona and you're now "NO SHOW JOE!"
88 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevy- This will be the one he really wants...he might just get it (Top 5)
96 Bobby Labonte Ford- This tiger has been caged for a long time and now has power (Top 10)
98 Paul Menard Ford- UPSET ALERT! With Yates power, he'll have a shot at it! (Top 10)
99 Carl Edwards Ford - He'll be good all year, just not here
? Jeremy Mayfield Toyota- Just don't think he'll make the show

WINNER: Dale Earnhardt, Jr
UPSET WATCH: Juan Pablo Montoya & Yates drivers
Cautions- 6
Green, White Checker- YES

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll give you Montoya and the Yates guys as sleepers, but no way Earnhardt Jr is winning--if I had to give a very educated guess I'm betting on Mark Martin
From all reports I've read, junior & Jeff Gordon both really want to kick off the season with a bang, both crews are sharing info and working together to win at Daytona.

Juan Pablo had the best car at Dega until he got caught up in an accident. Bobby Labonte had a 6th place finish and will now have Yates power, Paul Menard finished 2nd and will now have Yates power.

Junior & Gordon got caught up in a wreck but were front runners before then.

I still think Juan or a Yates driver will be the spoiler

Would be surprised if Bobby Labonte or Paul Menard wins the pole
Excellent analysis...I remember Montoya was running so hot for a string of a few races and just caught horrible luck every time--especially with Jeff Burton in the pits :-P

I think he would have won at Talladega had he not wrecked

But yeah, I was agreeing with Montoya and Yates--I just don't see Jr having the closing power anymore. Jeff Gordon could take it--hell any of the Hendrick guys, but I think of them Jr has the smallest chance of winning the 500.
I beg to Differ:
Mayfield= in but a backmarker
Nemecheck=see Mayfield
Said= Top 20
Stremme=Top 10
UPSET ALERT:Robby Gordon Wins
bold...
I may be from Louisiana, some people may call me a redneck(I prefer Cajun) and I have not graduated from a great learning institution BUT how many cars can you have in the top 10?????? I thought it was 10.........
HAH! I didn't learn how to add in college .... still can't.

Everyone likes to hate on Bill Elliot, but he only used one Champion's Provisional last year. Maybe you guys weren't watching when he last had good equipment, but he's one of the best ever.

I think you might be very optimistic about Menard. He'll have some horses, but this is still the same guy who had to have DEI buy Sterling Marlin's owner points (Sterling was the only guy to drive into the top 35 that yeah without missing a race) from Ginn to make races .... not that I won't be glad if he does, I'm just not expecting it.

I have a feeling it's gonna be a fleet of Roush or Hendrick cars at the front the whole race, but hopefully we get some kind of spoiler.
i was thinking the same thing how many cars can be top 10???

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service