I don't know Dans condition but my thoughts and prayers are with him today....hoping for the best

Views: 8207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would guess that the $5M was part of an insurance policy (bet) that a qualified driver wouldn't win it. Insurance companies are not known for compassion.
RIP Dan. Will these promoters and the IRL finally realize that these cars are a disaster waiting to happen on a NASCAR oval? Does F1 have the have the fatalities that IRL has over the past 15 years? No. These cars belong on road courses. Kenny Brack crash anyone? I hope that in the future these drivers are not subjected to such a predictable outcome.
Unfortunatly there has been more deaths in NASCAR.
God speed young man my thoughts go out to his family, a very very sad day indeed.
The whole racing community will reflect on what has happened today and hopefully do a once over on there safety program. Some people will say its the wrong track and some will say its the cars they race, that they should not be driving them or racing on that track. Well as a racer my self, I know what can happen every time I get into a race car. We all know what we are driving and what track we are on. We still do cause of the passion that we have for our sport. Its not a matter of how, its a matter of when. We all do it cause its in our blood and we all know the consequences. It is indeed a very sad day today and we all know as racers that Dan Wheldon died doing what he loved. Thoughts and Prayers to his family...God Speed Dan Wheldon.
Wow, just wow, and the comments about the 5mil are spot on. Vegas isn't a place for a rookie to hop in a car
34 cars on a Nascar designed oval, 220 - 225 mph entering the turns, this is a disaster waiting to happen. Get these open wheel cars off of Nascar designed tracks and back to Milwaukee, Pheonix, places that are designed where drivers can drive and it is not a chicken fest
I am heartbroken, Greg Moore was my favorite driver when he died and now I feel that sick feeling again. Dan was a great guy and such a terrible crash shouldn't happen in this day and age. I'm glad those cars are getting dumped in favor of a safer car.

I Wonder if Robby will rethink about entering Indy, he has been vocal before about safety and rightfully so. R.I.P Dan Wheldon.
Completely gutted today. You are all correct, the indy cars don't belong on a track where you don't have to lift. On a track like that any moron can run with the pack.....for a while and then something like this happens. If the cars are flat all the way around they have too much wing. Knock 'em off and let the driver skill spread out the pack.

Absolutely no reason this had to happen, 3 wide on lap 11, freaking ridiculous. While it's sad and outrageous that we lost Danny Wheldon today, the way that wreck happened we easily could have had 3 or 4 in the catch fence.

When a driver like Dario says that Indy Cars don't belong on that track I'm thinking he's right. Unfortunately that was proven.

All of my thoughts and prayers go out to the wheldon family.
This is an extremely sad day in the motorsports world. RIP Dan Wheldon.
A sad day for all of racing, and especially for Dan's friends and family. But he passed doing what he loved, and the ret of us will be lucky to do the same.

RIP Dan.
Confirmed: Rick Huseman, TORC Champion was killed today along with his brother in a small airplane crash today.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service