Rain has canceled qualifying for the Sprint Showdown, and the lineup will be set by the Qualifying Order. That puts the No. 27 Toyota of Kirk Shelmerdine on the pole.

That put Robby starting 32nd out of 35.

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I thought it should have lined up based on practice times, but I guess on the other hand, if Robby would have drawn the 1st qualifying position, we would all be jumping for joy.. On to Saturday !
If Robby had drawn first, they would be starting by owner points...I'm sure they just made this rule today.
there will be a few early yellows and re-starts are double wide, so he can improve his position rather easily.
I agree with zoom, practice times would have been the right thing to do.
Not right...Nascar should have atleast went with practice speeds since all the cars were in the show automatically. Nascar finds a way to screw it up again....NASCRAP
you never know how things will play out guys. keep your heads up. it is robby after all
Shelmerdine and Carl Long on the front row

The first and only time this will ever be stated in relation to a NASCAR Cup race
Truly a miracle !

Great press for those guys,although by default.
I love Kirk Shelmerdine!! ;-p
Both are sent to the back to start the race for engine and crash issues.
There will be cautions and if the car is actually fast it won't really matter much. Brian Vickers is back there as well and I fully expect him to be up front by the end.
This pretty much kills any chance for Rob, the race is simply not long enough to go from 30th to the top two.
Even when RGM gets some luck it bites them in the ass!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service