New H3 OR SOMTHING LIKE THE SST ?

Views: 4601

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fun Fact: Hummer 2's back-end is askew by a couple of inches(originally Ron Bailey's Hummer, remember that guy?). During a race the Hummer was hit from behind and bent the frame which supports the engine(what you're looking at above). But, because the transmission still lined up fine and there were no issues they let it be and it went out to Dakar just like that.

Thanks Bricoop. I find what you've shared to be interesting. Set'n er up with a little "stagger" are we?

These cars have to feel heavy in the rear, with engine, spares, and rotors all behind the axle. You can see it when Robby corners fast on the roads. There's a a big old rear-end swing. The Minis on the other hand, corner like a spider. Much more even weight distribution on all four wheels, plus the 4WD. But nothing jumps a dune, a rise, etc., like the Hummers. The Mini's jump, but it's a wimpy rally car jump.

I know my comments are common knowledge to the Planeteers. Just thanks for letting me yap a bit.

You're welcome. I'll try and share some more RG tidbits when things get slow around here.

And this Year's Dakar rig will corner MUCH better while still being able to fly. It'll be the best platform RG has ever had at Dakar(based on the current trend of rally style routes).

No way! RG is actually building a new car! I am SO stoked. This is what I love about the RGM enterprise! There is nobody out there like them! Nobody!

Innovative. Win capable machines. Dakar. SST. Baja 500 commanding winner, odds on favorite for the Baja 1000. And now a new racer for Dakar! Can't wait to see it!

Speaking of the 1000, I wonder who will drive the first half? Any chance of Creed hanging out with Robby a little more, beyond SST? I admit, I'm unaware of Creed's other alliances and commitments.

RG has solo'd it in the past, but I haven't heard either way on this year's race.

It'd be cool for RG to develop a "stable" of drivers. Hopefully SPEED will continue to grow and can support it. I fully expect Max (RG's son) to be behind the wheel in his teenage years.

Baja is a whole other animal than stadium racing. Not that Sheldon doesn't have extreme talent, but I don't know if baja is right for him...yet. Get him into some BITD races or others like them. Baja is unpredictable booby-traps and dumb spectators(who unfortunatley get killed all too frequently). How would a 16 year old handle hitting someone? Hopefully the first person to put Sheldon in a Baja race puts a co-dog with many many years of experience next to him.

BTW, looks like Sheldon has the celebration down http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4XcxIWN5Ew

Good points Bp. Sheldon's talent catches my eye. There's something exciting about, "Oh my gosh, look at that kid go!" Per your points - and I agree - he does need to hone his open terrain racing more, before he tackles the big daddies of Baja and/or Dakar.

But I do think that he can kick butt out there too - eventually.

Robby has to build new DAKAR equipment, the old ones where sold.

More dream talk. I wish I wish upon a star...
* * * Robby could take two cars to Dakar.
* * * Creed could drive the second car.
* * * These cars could be entered into a couple of short rally events, prior to Dakar. To rally-ize the program a bit more.

And yesterday I was predicting NO WAY to new machines. Robby is the man of a 1000 aces these days. Hope he's having fun. I sure have fun watching it all!

can Sheldon be out of school for 20 days?

The only way a 2nd car comes to DAKAR (IMO) is if someone shows up with a bag full of money. (See Ronn Bailout and Nasser Al-Aquitter).

But there's no way it'll be Sheldon. See my response above.

Sure! It's a field trip! Geography. Español. Anthropology. Auto Shop. Ha!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service