New H3 OR SOMTHING LIKE THE SST ?

Views: 4601

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ROBBY hoping you are back in Dakar with the equipment and support it takes to be the "winner" you are, we are happy to be your apparel, uniform, embroidery supplier everything for all your crew at cost! Thank you and good luck in all your adventures!

I'm going with carbon SST...which actually would make sense...same wheel travel but really the only viable way to cut significant weight which the Hummer was really challenged with compared to the Mini's and VW's. Probably front wheel drive with perhaps v-drive like the trophy truck...

Personaly i know that dakar's cars are very different than cars fro a one day race or stadium trucks because they need a bigger tank to do much more kilometers than 500 miles or 1000 miles with pit stops with also spare parts in the vehicle ta repare if that need... SST is too small to have a big tank and TT has not enough agility, he's made for large tracks as BAJA.
The only default i thought about the Hummer ,and it's the difference with Minis and other cars (european i mean), the engine is in an awkward position and other are in a central position (rear or front position). That's better for the agility and mass repartition, in dakar 2013 RG stays on the dune because the rear was too heavy and can't tip over of the dune... That's just my idea... For me a car with a central rear engine, 2WD, same kind of suspensions than TT, a powerful V8, a big fiability and RG at the wheel ... it's gonna be an ENORMOUS package to win...

The hummer is a mid engine vehicle, alot of the added rear weight is in the tires ans wheels.

looks like an engine between the spares

Spare break disc hanging out there too. On the left for sure. I think on the right too. Is the fiberglass the same Hummer shape? Rumor is, the guy you designed Nasser's buggly has some free time. Did Robby have him round out the squarish Hummer shape?

wasn't it mentioned awhile ago that it would have SST base??

DaveH & MikeK, where do you get these pics? Are those current pics of the Dakar Masher 2014, under construction?

For reals? Really!! OMG This so cool! Are we getting a new jacket this year? A Torino wagon? A Country Squire? I mean the H3 was retro, so why not go all out with the retro-ness?

Is this N. Carolina or is this Anaheim?

And how do you get these pics!? I just gots ta know!

@Hendricus, these are pic's of the old/sold HUMMER's,they are all photos in the PlanetRobby photo's file.
http://www.planetrobby.com/photo
A lot of the prep photo's are from N.C..I'm think'n 2009 was the last year of the prep for Anaheim (you would think I could remember,I drove 18hr's one way to see them)
2014 info is still in the works to the best of my knowledge.

I forgot to give photo editing credit to 7gason7 on the pic I posted

Its been a long time since I have been on the planet. Good to hear Dakar chatter in August. It gives me a lot of hope for January. BTW Toronto SST video were really cool. I hope RG is making some cash on that program so he can burn it all on the Dakar program.

"yes" Definitive. TOG has confirmed PR will switch to Dakar mode in November.

@Jeff, yes.
side note-I wouldn't schedule vacation to follow DAKAR if Robby wasn't running.

Course note- 2014 is WRCish for the most part

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service