I asked the question Sunday at the SST Costa Mesa fairgrounds to Robby "will you be at Dakar 2014" His answer was "YES". His look was serious with his response - eye contact was made. I have been following Robby for years. Look out Dakar, he had the that liittle smirk/smile. This will make January exciting for sure.

Views: 11758

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robby had some misfortune last year in the dunes. The dunes is where Robby hoped to win stages. Then in the windy dirt road sections Robby actually held his own. I remember Robby commenting after one of these stages about how he did better than he was expecting.

We chatted about the car design a couple of weeks ago, and someone assured me (us) that the new car would be nimbler in precision cornering. Whoever this was needs to share a pic. Anything! Even a grainy paparazzi shot taken from the pizza van across the street.

Or even pop back in with a rumor, a tidbit, a factoid. Wheel base? Engine location? Anything!

Buggly 2.0 appears to have addressed to cooling issues. Notice the spares are tucked up tighter.

Looks like they have addressed the items that were mentioned last season. Glad your thread could help ....unlimited budget sure helps

I really dislike giving other's a helping hand.;-)
Ugly -Bugly is one thing,helping fix issues is another.

They may have address'd the cooling but it still looks ugly buggly

looks doesn't win races,just beauty contest's

LMFAO .....Only Mike could come up with that. Thanks Mike for my morning laugh ....

I appreciate that you guys post the foreign articles in English, but man, they are tough to follow.

Is Chicherit going to be back in the SMG buggy? Am I reading correctly that they will have three SMG buggies in 2014?

As for the Bugly, what's with the cowl over the windshield? Is this radiator ducting?

I like where they've put the spares. I have to believe this makes for a more centered car. Personally, I think the Buglies are better looking than the SMG buggies.

Mike K. is right, it's not a beauty contest, but hey, still fun to talk about. To me, the SST's hit an attractive mark. I see a TT commingled with a sprint car, both of which I'm a fan of.

It looks like Chicherit has joined the Mini camp. Too bad. With Robby and Chicherit (and $4m) they would be a force.

The cowl above the windshield for the radiator, the side scoops for oil and trans coolers.

The spares. So much for Will pointing it out and me for providing some visuals to show the obvious design flaw.

Screw looks. it's about winning. I'll take the SMG over the Bugly all day. The SMG is a well-built proven piece.

Thanks WJ.

Chicherit in a mini,I say he crash's out ala Robby barrel rolling the short travel VW.Once your use to suspension than you don't have it.ass bitten.

Didn't Chicherit roll a Mini screwing around outside the bivouac in 2012?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service