Due to the bad weather continuing over the Andes Cordillera (rain and snow), the Chilean authorities were forced to close, for the night, the border at Paso de San Francisco, situated at 4700m.

For the 7th time, the Dakar is about to cross over the Andes, and because of very unfavourable conditions, added to the fact that the course has been hit by rain and snow, in order to guarantee the security of the competitors and those following the rally, the organisers have decided to organise a convoy for all vehicles tomorrow. The itinerary has been changed after the border (follow the main road on the right which goes to Diego de Almagro).

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2012/us/stage-5/live-feed.html

Views: 2850

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow.
Real Cartoons.

I am fealing dated now.

They changed the rules a few years ago so you can only bring one type of tire for the entire race. I believe it was to help level the playing field by making drivers choose which type of terrain they wanted to be best at.

I hope Nassar teams with RGM next year. The pair will be unstopable!

The Andes and bad weather are a terrible mix. Just hope Robby can stay the course and not get in a mudslide or something. I read there have been mudslides down there and also a wild fire. People don't realize this is a killer rally.
Joan

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service