Here is a running list of SST drivers, sponsors and other info, based off of announcements.

Active SST Racers SST Tracks / Details

Inactive

Race 1: Phoenix, AZ (Track Layout, Winner: Rob MacCachren)
Race 2: Los Angeles, CA (Track Layout, # Drivers)
Race 3: San Diego, CA (Track Layout, # Drivers)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SST Other Details

Views: 17246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Going to be an interesting event with all this talent... Looking forward to it.

Looks like its gonna be great . Got some old dogs with Robby , Johnson & Rob Mac some vets and some newbys . Can't wait til it's on tv next wknd . In the mean time ill be on as many websites as i can find lol .

No kyle L . Must be scared I guess. lol I like him in that 4x4 anyway. It will be fun to see how it all shakes out.

Looks like we have another tire sponsor. Yokohama just issued a press release that they are onboard.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2013/04/05/071558-yokohama-tire-...

Based on timing and scoring the SST driver lineup for Phoenix looks like;
Robby Gordon #7 Speed Energy
Jeff Ward #4
Justin Lofton #6 Full Plate
Justin Matney #8 RPM Off Road (thought he was #2 but T&S has him as #8)
Greg Adler #10 ProComp / 4 Wheel Parts
Nick Baumgartner #12
Lalo Laguna #17 Visit Mexico.com
Rob MacCachren #21 Traxxas
Arie Luyendyk Jr. #25 Fan Sponsored
Mike Jenkins #47 Traxxas
Austin Kimbrell #88
PJ Jones #98

Check out this pic. Why is Menard's on the SST rig?

My guess is to do with the Mapei deal. John Menard has been great to Robby over the years.

Yokohama has signed up as a Stadium Super Truck Sponsor!

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...s-sponsor.html

Yokohama Tire returns to its off-road stadium-style racing roots to promote its Geolandar® tire line

FULLERTON, CA (April 5, 2013) – Yokohama Tire Corporation (YTC) is returning to off-road stadium-style racing for the first time in almost two decades. The Fullerton, California-based tire maker announced today it has signed on as a sponsor of Robby Gordon’s new Stadium SUPER Trucks (SST) series, which kicks-off in Glendale, Arizona on April 6. YTC will use the 12-event series to promote its Geolandar® tire line by outfitting a number of top-tier drivers in the series.

Based on a concept by the late off-road legend Mickey Thompson, SST will feature 600-horsepower, V8-engined off-road trucks (fitted with Geolandar A/T-S® or M/T+® tires) racing side-by-side on dirt tracks consisting of huge jumps, crossovers and tight corners.

“SST will help show the range and durability of our Geolandar tires because the trucks will be racing door-to-door, corner-after-corner on the same tires available to the public at any of our dealers,” said Duane Sampson, YTC manager, motorsports. “Plus, all this action will be broadcast to a large audience through the NBC networks.

“Decades ago, Robby Gordon raced and won in the Mickey Thompson series on Yokohama tires, helping to establish his impressive career,” said Sampson. “It’s great to be back in this form of racing.”

“Stadium racing helped launch the careers of Jimmie Johnson, Casey Mears and myself,” said Gordon, the president of SST and a prominent racecar driver – everything from off-road to NASCAR to sports cars. “I have wanted to do this for a long time and proud we have finally accomplished it.”

Any word on how many trucks are going to do the exhibition at the LBGP? And who are the drivers?

Ain't heard anything concrete but would be cool if RHR hopped in 1 . He's gonna be there anyway so why not give ole Brother-in-law's toys a try lol .
Lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service