Some quotes from the Kingsport Times News from and interview with Jeff Burton.

"The whole single car argument is romantic, but the reality of the situation is that our sport is much better off with 10 or 11 4 car team owners."

"It (multicar teams) provides security for the sponsors and it enables you to really economize and do things less expensively. The sponsors are more protected by being part of a four car or three car organization than they are by being part a single-car organization."

"What used to be a half million-doller buisness is now a $100 million buisness. We can't ask sponsors to spend the money that they're spending and not even know they are in the race."

"It is way better off for the sport if we had 43 teams that knew they were going to be in the race than to have 50 teams trying to make the race- we don't need 50 teams, we need 43."

I thought this might interesting considering RGM is a single car entity. What's everyone's take? Is Jeff Burton full of it or does he have a point?

Views: 184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There was talk a while back that nascar would franchise all the teams e.g you pay x amount of dollars for a number this was to make the sport more secure for the sponsor as there would only be 43 numbers to sell, personally I think it would be a great concept, as usual he was probably taken out of context and the whole story not written in its entirety...
yes and the title of the article is misleading as many titles are he didnt actually say single car teams are "bad" for nascar he just said that multi car teams have an advantage and that it would be difficult to attract a sponsor if you cant make the race. However I think the fact that there are more then 43 teams showing up for most races is a strength heck most everyone loves a dark horse now and again and it keeps the "human interest" angle writers busy.
I personally don't care for his comments on this! I give Robby a lot of credit for being an owner/driver.Keep up the good work and keep racing hard!!!!! GO GET'EM AT BRISTOL!!
I

Go Robby~
He a dick
We live in the USA not China Burton.What a punk
Since most of the drivers work for the man, it is not surprising. Its called the impossible dream. I am sure Jeff Burton would like to be in charge of his own destiny, but he's too comfortable

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service