Are the 2011 Hummers completely built new from the ground up?......If so, where do RGM's Hummers from all the previous Dakar Rallys end up?........Just curious. I want to buy a used one as soon as I have an extra $1,000,000 in my pocket.

Views: 899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw Cam on some reality show with Bob Saget that was on a few days back, when I first saw the Orange buggy in the teaser when they went to commerical I thought it was something of Robby's. Never really knew that the two had any sort of Connection in the past until now.

Nikal thanks for the background on the Hummers.  I wonder if we will see Robby running another brand is 2012?

I was wondering that too, not because of a problem with the Hummers but because (as far as I know) Robbys off-road program is at least partly factory funded, and well GM killed off the Hummer brand earlier this year. Yeah he could still run the body but if GM is funding part of the bill it would make sense for it to switch to one of GM's current makes/models for 2012.

Maybe 2012 will bring the TrailBlazer... Which would be cool as long as it's not as ugly as the one that ran in the early 2000s.

At this point I don't think the Hummers have any issues.  RG has done minor tweaks over the last 4 years that help. The big deal is getting lost and tiny little failures that cost him big time. The best thing he can do with this configuration is get even lighter.

very good points, FLY...it's not like the vehicle is a slug...2011 will be improved over 2010...

The only problem has been the deflation/inflation system with hoses exposed and breaking off. That cost alot of time to keep fixing last rally.

Even deducting that he still left hours on the table.... Being stuck and lost.

VW had a flawless rally too.

The inflation system is new and tested.  One less things for you guys to worry about.

AND... 3 Million in the budget for just drivetrain components.

so how did hummer ever end up in dakar over using the chevy TT? was it a sponsorship deal from hummer at the time?

Mark if your asking why use the Hummer (buggy) vs the actual Trophy Truck is because the TT would be less competitive. Some teams in the past used Pro Trucks and have never been competitive against the big factory teams.

Now if your question is why did Robby choose to use a Hummer body over the Chevy Silverado Trophy Truck body then YES it was a sponsorship deal.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service